BB Cream (Blemish Balm)? Anyone know anything about these products?

I got a whole bunch of samples of them by Hanskin from a korean supermarket.

They're similar to tinted moisturizer, except they have special properties.

After some research, the best BB cream brand appears to be BRTC followed by Dr. Jart.

I bought one last year i read some good reviews about this product
ive tried Skinfood BB Cream Aloe first day it was okay my skin looks dewy

on my 2nd day i got skin breakouts :crybaby:and then tried it again after a few weeks of healing... i doesnt works for my skin :shrugs: so i gave it to my sister and she has been using it eversince

B.B Cream , also known as Blemish Balm, started off as a soothing treatment balm dermatologists use on patients who underwent laser skin treatment. It helps to shield\protect and regenerate delicate skin. Soon enough, Korean actresses and stars started using this cream and sparked off a craze of this cream in Korea due to its excellent results.

Beauty brands in Korea have since developed BB cream and made it more suitable for Asian skin.

By far, many brands have come out with their own BB cream of various different functions.

BB cream is a foundation that soothes and regenerates the skin, meanwhile acting as a good foundation with excellent coverage (or ***** vice versa?a foundation that soothes the skin?) It can cover dark rings, acne marks and uneven skin tone naturally, giving your skin a natural glow. It also has good oil control power without conprimising your skin's moisture level.

Here are other reviews of diff bb cream brands:
credits to: loveof-alifetime.blogspot.com/

(1) Dr Jart Black Label Detox Healing Blemish Balm
Smooth texture and can be spread easily. No sunblock needed because
spf25 is provided. No strong fragrance or rather, not smell at all.
Blends in skin well and face looks natural even after application
Rating: 7/10

(2) BRTC Perfect Recover Balm
It is rather "thick" compared to the rest of bb cream, but it's still
easy to spread around the face. After application, skintone is even out
and face remains matte all through the day. Good oil control.
Not recommended for those with dry skin though.
Spf not provided so sunblock is needed. Noticable clear skin
after a usuage of about 1month.
Rating: 8/10

(3) Skin79 Dermarx Beblesh Balm
Extremely smooth texture and gets absorbed into skin really quick.
Blends with skin well too. However, skin is matte and there's no
brightening effect. But it gives a natural no make-up look after application.
After prolonged usage of 1month, skin becomes clearer.
Rating: 6.5/10

(4) SkinFood Ginko BB cream
The texture is soft, allowing you to spread it easily through your face.
However, sunblock is needed for this because there's no spf.
The good part I find about this is that it can conceal redness on your face.
Rating: 6/10

(5) SkinFood Aloe BB cream
This is a improved version of the ginko BB cream, but it cost slightly more.
It has a nice fragrant but not recommended for those with sensitive nose
or you might find the smell repelling though. There's spf so no sunblock needed.
Smooth in texture and can be spread easily through your face.
Rather immediate evening of skintone after application.

(6) BRTC Perfect Blemish Balm
Considerable "thick" texture but it gets absorbed into skin really quick.
Skintone is being evened out, redness being concealed, dark eye circles
being reduced all effectively done. Skin becomes clearer, fairer and less oily
after a prolonged usage of about 1month.
Rating: 9/10

(7) BRTC Whitening & Wrinkle Repair BB cream
Texture rather "thick" compared to rest of bb cream, but can still be easily spread.
Oil control is rather average though but it is extremely moisturising. Recommended
for those who are under air-conditioned environment, like my super cold lecture halls!
Skin will still feel very supple and refreshing even after you wash it away.
Rating: 7.5/10

(8.) Skinfood Mushroom BB cream
Texture is smooth and can be spread easily. Skin becomes rather soft after using.
It blends in well with skin and leaves the skin feeling moisturised even after you
wash it away. This is my latest bb cream so I haven't used it long enough yet to know
what other effects there after after prolonged usage.

(9) Hanskin Super Magic BB cream
Texture isn't like usual bb cream rather "creamy" like, but it's more like a liquid foundation.
Has the highest coverage compared to other bb creams I've reviewed. Has really effective
whitening effect so it's not recommended for those with medium or pale skin tone.
Has noticeable brightening effect but not as effected as SkinFood's ginko bb cream.
Oil control is rather good.
Rating: 8.5/10

Thanks for the great review !

So of course the "lemming" that I am I had to check the BB Balms.

I'm not asian but I have some freckles/melasma so I'm always in search of the next best foundation (like everybody else) and the BB Balms sounded sooo goood.
I got a Misha BB BAlm (#23)from a sweet seller on Ebay and I'm In love with it !
So thanks for a new addiction ! I would love to try Dr JArt next

I've just placed an order for the BRTC Gold Caviar BB Cream from softpeachy.
But when they processed the final order confirmation for me it didn't charge me for shipping and tax so the order was for $59 (the price of the cream) which seems odd to me. Have anyone (in the US) ordered from them before and didn't have to pay shipping and tax either?

My favourite is Hologram Pearl BB cream by Skin79. smooth over your face after skincare and in a few minute you can wear Loose Powder...
You will have a glory look by the way.:idea:

i just received my BRTC perfect recover cream in the mail the other day and i love it! it is pretty thick but it still spreads and covers easily. it definitely covers the red areas around my nose and mouth and my undereye dark circles. it also covers my acne scars but for the really dark ones i still have to dab a tiny amount of concealer for a flawless skin look. i just use a very light oil-free moisturizer, the BB cream, a sunscreen, and dust on a sheer no color powder.

for the girls who need the cream to be darker i would recommend mixing in a darker oil free foundation or just using a bronzer to dust all over. with a lot of blending using bb cream alone and using a darker powder over it should work?

can't wait to see what my skin looks like in a month!