BB Cream (Blemish Balm)? Anyone know anything about these products?

i tried reading through all the posts but got tired lol

Question: what do you guys apply with? kabuki? foundation brush? fingers? sponge?

also, has anyone tried the Too Faced BB Cream? I think i'm gonna try that one and Smashbox. the Too Faced only comes in 4 colors but i think i'll be between the Creme Glow and Nude Glow. i'll have to try at Sephora.

flsurfergirl3 said:
i tried reading through all the posts but got tired lol

Question: what do you guys apply with? kabuki? foundation brush? fingers? sponge?

also, has anyone tried the Too Faced BB Cream? I think i'm gonna try that one and Smashbox. the Too Faced only comes in 4 colors but i think i'll be between the Creme Glow and Nude Glow. i'll have to try at Sephora.

It applies beautifully with beauty blender! Brush works too but fingers are as good as long as you pat it on your skin, not smear all around- it looks bad... Im talking bout real korean bb creams, I dont know about others, except Lauder one- this one was too liquidy and no coverage so no idea... Lol

It applies beautifully with beauty blender! Brush works too but fingers are as good as long as you pat it on your skin, not smear all around- it looks bad... Im talking bout real korean bb creams, I dont know about others, except Lauder one- this one was too liquidy and no coverage so no idea... Lol

thanks! i am gonna try the beauty blender, love mine! i use it for everything.

thanks! i am gonna try the beauty blender, love mine! i use it for everything.

Try Missha, I tried my friend's yesterday and it was amazing! My roommate was raving about how great I looked. My acne scars and blotchy, red skin was smoothed out too, its way better than my Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in St Moritz. I tried #23 but its a little light for me; I have oily, acne-prone Southeast Asian skin, so I'm going to try #27. Here's the official site, which sells it for $30 + shipping, but there are cheaper ones available from US ebay sellers for $25 or less:

http://www.misshaus.com/ctrl.php?page=mainProductDetail&p_code=MSMS1052&ctg=AAA

The Asian brands have the properties BB cream is so famous for, a lot of bloggers have compared all the American brands with Asian ones and its just not the same; the American ones are more like tinted moisturizer. Here are a bunch of reviews she's done on every U.S. brand you can think of: http://www.musingsofamuse.com/category/make-up-reviews/bb-cream-reviews

Hope that helps! :biggrin:

I use BB cream on a daily basis and no longer use fundations. The texture of BB creams are generally more watery than fundations so you feel like you are not wearing much make up. I personally really dislike wearing fundations as i always feel like i am wearing a mask at the end of the day. While the BB cream appears more watery, it actually covers blemishes and imperfections quite well and ppears very natural. I apply my BB cream using my finger tips, and i just pat it on lightly. If i want more coverage in an area, i just reapply and layer it on the area. I've used a number of Asian BB cream brands so far, and have pretty good experience with the differnt poducts. For anyone thinking bout using BB cream, it's really important to make sure it fits with the undertone of your skin (yellow or pink) and the overall colour is not way too light (they tend to be on the light side) just as picking your fundation. Otherwise it will look like you are wering a mask. My friend made the mistake of wearing BB cream tht is too fair for her skin, and she looked like her just came out of the set of Twilight.
I've tried:
1) Skin 79 Hot pink triple action BB cream: this has a pink undertone so if your skin has stonger yellow undertone, then beware as it may look a little wierd if you apply too much.
2) Valenino Rudy magic BB - colour 502 (pearly skin): this is just right or me as i have yellow undertone, but it makes me look very fresh as the colour is slightly lighter han my skin.
3) clinique Age defence BB cream spf30: i think there is only one colour for this and it is very fair. More suitable for people with fair skin.
4) Kanebo freshel white c w cream uv (natural skin): this is just right or me.

Try Missha, I tried my friend's yesterday and it was amazing! My roommate was raving about how great I looked. My acne scars and blotchy, red skin was smoothed out too, its way better than my Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in St Moritz. I tried #23 but its a little light for me; I have oily, acne-prone Southeast Asian skin, so I'm going to try #27. Here's the official site, which sells it for $30 + shipping, but there are cheaper ones available from US ebay sellers for $25 or less:

The Asian brands have the properties BB cream is so famous for, a lot of bloggers have compared all the American brands with Asian ones and its just not the same; the American ones are more like tinted moisturizer. Here are a bunch of reviews she's done on every U.S. brand you can think of: http://www.musingsofamuse.com/category/make-up-reviews/bb-cream-reviews

thank you so much! wow, i have lots of reading to do! her review of Too Faced said it is more of a tinted moisturizer, which is fine with me. gonna check out some of the other ones and the one you recommended! :smile:

I use Dr Jart and apply it with my fingers. I wear it alone when I'm just hanging around the neighborhood, and with foundation on top when going to work or out at night.

thanks for the link!! I have combination skin and have a couple acne scars. Is the Missha BB Cream long wearing?

thanks for the link!! I have combination skin and have a couple acne scars. Is the Missha BB Cream long wearing?

Not sure, I only tried it on, and then took it off soon after. My Missha Perfect Cover #27 is coming in the mail, hopefully it'll arrive this week. I'll let you know, though!

:sad: OMG, I have a superr oily T zone too, and at the end of the day my whole face is pretty oily all over. Lots of acne scars too, especially along my hair line. Sucks, doesn't it? Although I'm told people with oily skin stay younger longer, here's hoping that's true.

This works amazingly, it lasts pretty well. Its always tough for my skin because of the oil, but it has a lot more coverage than Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer - or any TM, really.