Bazaar Lovers Club

I hope it doesn't put you off the Bazar style...

No, it won’t. I trust you and ksuromax when you say that the other styles have normal leather.

I will try to see if I can find some other design on sale (probably not). Otherwise I think I saw it full price on the Balenciaga website. If so I can buy it a little bit later on since, as I mentioned, the sales have hit me hard this year :angel::lol:

However, I do have three (!) other Balenciagas on their way. Two are pre loved.

Reactions: ksuromax
No, it won’t. I trust you and ksuromax when you say that the other styles have normal leather.

I will try to see if I can find some other design on sale (probably not). Otherwise I think I saw it full price on the Balenciaga website. If so I can buy it a little bit later on since, as I mentioned, the sales have hit me hard this year :angel::lol:

However, I do have three (!) other Balenciagas on their way. Two are pre loved.
out of all Bazars my fave is Graffiti, it's softened and got absolutely lovely! and the print is very well made, nothing peels off, no any cracks :tup:

Sad that they are discontinuing the Bazar line. I stripped down my ‘collection’ to three items: one M size and two clutches, because I am always in the process of pairing down belongings, but I still think they are great bags. My daughter still rightfully reproaches me that I got rid of the black XS that she liked to borrow (it was punished for no longer fitting the new size of the iPad Pro...).

My only bad experience was with the all gray S size, where the corners started peeling quite quickly and it also felt like the color was a film over the leather... Otherwise the others worn very well.

Sad that they are discontinuing the Bazar line. I stripped down my ‘collection’ to three items: one M size and two clutches, because I am always in the process of pairing down belongings, but I still think they are great bags. My daughter still rightfully reproaches me that I got rid of the black XS that she liked to borrow (it was punished for no longer fitting the new size of the iPad Pro...).

My only bad experience was with the all gray S size, where the corners started peeling quite quickly and it also felt like the color was a film over the leather... Otherwise the others worn very well.
@Kmora it appears that here's another instance of peeling...

Reactions: Kmora
Happy to see more love for the Bazar bags around here, and now there is even a club house. I thought I would post some of the pics of mine for ref.:

Size M:
View attachment 4184251 View attachment 4184253

Size S:

View attachment 4184254 View attachment 4184255

Size XS

View attachment 4184257

Was it the gray bag in the first quote? I wouldn’t had thought a single coloured leather would peel. But as always with Balenciaga - there are sometimes big differences in the leather.

would you say that the wear and tear of your blue striped M is better than that gray?

Was it the gray bag in the first quote? I wouldn’t had thought a single coloured leather would peel. But as always with Balenciaga - there are sometimes big differences in the leather.

would you say that the wear and tear of your blue striped M is better than that gray?
I’ll have to take a better look at my striped when I get home, not back until Friday. @ksuromax has used her Bazars more consistently than I have I think. Her opinion would be worthwhile.

Reactions: Kmora
I’ll have to take a better look at my striped when I get home, not back until Friday. @ksuromax has used her Bazars more consistently than I have I think. Her opinion would be worthwhile.
i have 2 striped ones, M in black/blue/white (barely used) and S in yellow/red/blue/smth else (used relatively enough to judge)
while i used my stripy S quite a bit and i can assure you it shows NO any signs of wear i'd still prefer to speak of my clutch from the same line. This has been used, tossed everywhere, traveled and you name what, and the only thing i can mention is it's got a tiny wee bit softer, that's it. no peeling, no cracking, no any signs of wear (scuffs, rips, scratches, etc)
i'm very happy with all Bazar pieces i've got :yes:

Attachments

• IMG_20190221_0952203~2.jpg
    IMG_20190221_0952203~2.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG-20181015-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20181015-WA0005.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20190407_1145028.jpg
    IMG_20190407_1145028.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 69

Yes, that gray bag. I wouldn't have thought either, but the leather in that bag did feel different, like the color was on top of the leather, I don't know...

The blue striped one, well all the striped Bazars I've owned, has worn much better than that gray, and much better that I expected. There is some wear in the corners, which is no surprise given how sharp they are, but it is not that bad, and that's it really. The colors are perfect, no decoloration, no scratching... Stains on the white stripes have been easy to clean, although you do notice the wear on the bottom. They do get more creasing specially on top, and do loose a bit of shape, but that kind of goes with the type of crinkled leather and does not bother me. I did get rid of the blue/white/black and now use one with a combination of blue/brown/black and no white, so even better.

Just to add, I am talking of M bags that I have used for travelling, in the beach, on boats where they got soaked, and to do grocery shopping. Like for @ksuromax, my clutches, which I use frequently and toss inside other bags too, are perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksuromax and Kmora
Yes, that gray bag. I wouldn't have thought either, but the leather in that bag did feel different, like the color was on top of the leather, I don't know...

The blue striped one, well all the striped Bazars I've owned, has worn much better than that gray, and much better that I expected. There is some wear in the corners, which is no surprise given how sharp they are, but it is not that bad, and that's it really. The colors are perfect, no decoloration, no scratching... Stains on the white stripes have been easy to clean, although you do notice the wear on the bottom. They do get more creasing specially on top, and do loose a bit of shape, but that kind of goes with the type of crinkled leather and does not bother me. I did get rid of the blue/white/black and now use one with a combination of blue/brown/black and no white, so even better.

Just to add, I am talking of M bags that I have used for travelling, in the beach, on boats where they got soaked, and to do grocery shopping. Like for @ksuromax, my clutches, which I use frequently and toss inside other bags too, are perfect.
i know what you mean re signs of use on the white/blue/black Bazar, i haven't travelled with mine yet, but thought of taking it along this coming summer (plus a matching clutch) but i think i might spray it with something, Colonil probably?
i also thought of taking those things (shoe covers?) they make you put on when you visit hospitals, or other simialr places, just keep a few in the inner pocket and pull it on the bottom of the bag if i see that the surface is not too clean, for example, the floor in the airport, etc

Attachments

• U_vyq5C8K6Y.jpg
    U_vyq5C8K6Y.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: muggles
View attachment 4114724 Forgot I had this pic of my XXS bazar! It's certainly small, but it's the closest I've come to a perfect travel bag - fits everything basic I need (passport, wallet, phone, reusable bag, tiny umbrella/water bottle) and the design doesn't attract unwanted attention! Plus, the strap wraps right around the bag, so it stays out the way when I'm hand carrying.:tup:

Oh! One cool thing about the XXS that I don't know if it's been mentioned yet...but it has card holder slots on one side. Great for keeping a hotel key card or metrocard/pass.
I just found the last bazar XXS in canada! got it for around $600 USD after tax and im so excited after seeing your post. i hope i love it!!