Bayswater vs YSL Sac du jour

littlehanoi

Oct 29, 2012
I have wanted a Bayswater for sometime and almost decided yesterday to click on the Shrunken Oxblood one. Since I can not go to the store and check out, I ask my friend help me to go and look. My local Mulberry does not have any shrunken leather bag, only bright red, grey so we could not decide. She sent me some beautiful picture of another bag, which makes it even more difficult to decide. So what do you think ladies? Have any of you have similar dilemma? I could not chose between those two
1. Oxblood Bayswater
2. Saint Laurent Sac du jour

YSL...but....

I think the Bayswater Double Zip tote is more comparable to the YSL Sac De Jour rather than the classic Bayswater. In this case it's a toss-up. Which one is better suited to your petite frame? Which one has the leather you like, more/less structured? Do you like YSL's accordion style side view?

:smile:

I also vote that you try out a Bays double zip tote, it looks fab and new and looks lovely in most colors. I have to admit I love the shrunken leather, but I also have to say I'm not all completly into the oxblood color, like my daughter says it does look a bit like a color my granny would choose...
Sorry no offense to all tpf'rs that love that color, but I have to say it it a color that very easy can make one look a lot older than what you are so it does depend a lot of the styling to make it look fab. Both the zip tote and the ysl are very nice so I would choose what color and style you need/love most.

I also vote that you try out a Bays double zip tote, it looks fab and new and looks lovely in most colors. I have to admit I love the shrunken leather, but I also have to say I'm not all completly into the oxblood color, like my daughter says it does look a bit like a color my granny would choose...
Sorry no offense to all tpf'rs that love that color, but I have to say it it a color that very easy can make one look a lot older than what you are so it does depend a lot of the styling to make it look fab. Both the zip tote and the ysl are very nice so I would choose what color and style you need/love most.

Oh hi, its long time no see :smile:. I'm at the hospital bed rest because of problem with my pregnancy so can not go out at all. The only reason I chose Oxbood because I already have Bayswater in Petrol, I'm afraid that they are similar to pheasant green. I never seen SDJ in person before so I need help here. I have Bays but don't use often because of the weight and no strap, also rainny weather in Gothenburg as you know.

YSL...but....

I think the Bayswater Double Zip tote is more comparable to the YSL Sac De Jour rather than the classic Bayswater. In this case it's a toss-up. Which one is better suited to your petite frame? Which one has the leather you like, more/less structured? Do you like YSL's accordion style side view?

:smile:

Thank you, the problem is I can not got and try them. Bayswater has more space and suitable with my work at university. It's perfect size for A4 paper but it becomes heavy sometime, especially I go to work with public transportation.

SDJ all the way! there's no comparison on quality and it is far more chic.....having said that, if you're looking for a workhorse to carry lots of stuff, bays is very practical and a lot less expensive!

SDJ all the way! there's no comparison on quality and it is far more chic.....having said that, if you're looking for a workhorse to carry lots of stuff, bays is very practical and a lot less expensive!

Thank you very much, I have not seen the SDJ yet so can not compare. I like the size of Bayswater but I don't use it often because of the weight and no strap.

There is a bigger SDJ that can carry files etc but that bag has no shoulder strap. The smaller SDJ in your picture is the one I have in black, I will attach a modelling pic, it is definitely a handbag not a work bag or briefcase, although its fairly roomy it won't carry anything like as much as a bays. I much prefer it as I don't carry a lot and I find the three sections useful and I like the security of the zipped middle compartment. I will also attach a bays shot for comparison.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385459378.275498.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385459421.912293.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385459421.912293.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,022
There is a bigger SDJ that can carry files etc but that bag has no shoulder strap. The smaller SDJ in your picture is the one I have in black, I will attach a modelling pic, it is definitely a handbag not a work bag or briefcase, although its fairly roomy it won't carry anything like as much as a bays. I much prefer it as I don't carry a lot and I find the three sections useful and I like the security of the zipped middle compartment. I will also attach a bays shot for comparison.View attachment 2410973