Bayswater v East West & Ledbury

Tarababe

O.G.
Jul 13, 2010
Hi everyone, I wanted to get your opinions on something if you would stay with me while I explain.........:P

As you will see from my Avitar I have the East West and Ledbury Bayswater bags and I absolutely love them. I did buy a regular Bayswater from Fenwick's but ended up taking it back after putting my stuff in as I thought it was too big.

I have seen the normal size Bayswater on so many people and still keep thinking about it and wondering whether I should try again.

The problem I have is that I would never use it for work and usually carry the stuff that's in my above two bags and nothing else. So when I put the things in it they kind of looked lost.

I have looked in the "What's in my bag" thread at a few pictures of what others carry and it seems to vary. Some carry A4 size items while others carry similar to me. I wondered whether it would look better once it was broken in more and a bit more slouchy which I have to say I do like.

What do others think and do you seem to have loads of room and if so do you find that a good thing.

I will be getting money at Christmas so need to decide what to get next.:graucho:

However the new price as of now £650, then the VAT increase and the fact that maybe I would prefer it broken in makes me think should I go for a pre loved one in Chocolate.:shrugs:

I just hate Ebay incase I get a shoddy one.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.;)

I'm kind of in the same boat, tara! I was looking at Ledburys vs East West Bays just to get an idea of size. I tried to find a picture/modeling comparison on the shoulder or arm but never tracked one down on here.

Having held/modeled on myself a regular size Bays, I'm not worried about it being too big -- I'm sure I'd find ways to fill it! But just wanted to know which of the smaller options would be best if I chose to go that route.

Would a VIP liner help you out in a Bays to prevent things from getting lost?

I love the size of my bays but then I tend to carry a LOT in mine as I use it as a work bag. I like the look of it moderately well filled as if there isn't much in it it looks a bit 'floppy'. Once I've put in my long purse, pouch,
umbrella phone and a big
water bottle and some work papers etc it's full enough. Tarababe, why don't you try one on in the shops after putting your everyday stuff in it?
I used my E/W bays for a night out and didn't find it quite big enough for the day. I know a ledbury isn't for me, even though it's so cute as I would fill it to bulging.
Just been looking at a lovely red metallic leopard lily in York outlet though and tempted. She's small but perfectly formed!!!

I'm kind of in the same boat, tara! I was looking at Ledburys vs East West Bays just to get an idea of size. I tried to find a picture/modeling comparison on the shoulder or arm but never tracked one down on here.

Having held/modeled on myself a regular size Bays, I'm not worried about it being too big -- I'm sure I'd find ways to fill it! But just wanted to know which of the smaller options would be best if I chose to go that route.

Would a VIP liner help you out in a Bays to prevent things from getting lost?

Thanks Ditzy, I do wear the East West on my shoulder but the Ledbury is too small but sits nicely in the crook of my arm. I do fill them quite full though.

I just love the Bayswater style and thought since both are full with my normal day stuff if I am out shopping and buy a couple of things or have a scarf/pashmina I can't fit it in by Led or East West but could with the Bays.:graucho:

I already have the VIP liner in classic and Business, so yes I could use that but I feel I would need it to become more slouchy for me to be happy with it. Oh how I wish there was an in between size. Something bigger than the East West/Ledbury but not quite as big as the Bayswater or is it just me being too fussy.:shrugs:

Ohhhh, still debating. I need another Chocolate bag so may have to go for it. Thing is I don't have enough at the moment to pay full price, but then again Fenwick's do an interest free four monthly payments option, so I could get it now and spread the payments....:nuts:

Oh my OH has just said I don't have my Xmas money yet so have to wait.:rolleyes: But then again, VAT goes up soon so I could just ask him to advance me the money, couldn't.......:tup:

After all it is November.:graucho:

I love the size of my bays but then I tend to carry a LOT in mine as I use it as a work bag. I like the look of it moderately well filled as if there isn't much in it it looks a bit 'floppy'. Once I've put in my long purse, pouch,
umbrella phone and a big
water bottle and some work papers etc it's full enough. Tarababe, why don't you try one on in the shops after putting your everyday stuff in it?
I used my E/W bays for a night out and didn't find it quite big enough for the day. I know a ledbury isn't for me, even though it's so cute as I would fill it to bulging.
Just been looking at a lovely red metallic leopard lily in York outlet though and tempted. She's small but perfectly formed!!!

Wow ML, don't you find it too heavy with all that stuff in......:shrugs:

I see you got the Bayswater for Apple which I did consider for work but decided against it as I work in hospitals and theatre departments and the thought of putting it on the floor in the prep room and having something like Iodine spilt on it filled me with fear.....:cry:

I think I might have to have a trip to Fenwick's again tomorrow to have a look....:wlae:

Just scared of spending that much.........

Ohh and if you read the other reply to Ditzy, my OH has said I can get it if I want.:yahoo:

Go for it. Chocolate bays is yummy. I know what you mean about oak. I too work in a hospital but luckily I have my own office and the bays gets it's own chair. Chocolate is more practical.
And yes it is heavy but you get used to it.

I love my choc Bays, it's got darker and glossy and slouchy in the 2 years since I bought it! I used to use it for Uni, but now I only ever carry a few things in it (the same stuff that i carry in my Led) as I'd probably dislocate my shoulder if I carried books in it again. You need to get this bag Tara:smile:!!!

I love my choc Bays, it's got darker and glossy and slouchy in the 2 years since I bought it! I used to use it for Uni, but now I only ever carry a few things in it (the same stuff that i carry in my Led) as I'd probably dislocate my shoulder if I carried books in it again. You need to get this bag Tara:smile:!!!

Well thank you it sounds perfect. If Fenwick's do the 4 payments on Mulberry then I may very well buy it tomorrow.:graucho:

Will let you know.:nuts:

I have the Bayswater and sometimes I only have a purse and phone in it but even when full I never find it too heavy.

I am very much a shoulder bag person and am not keen on the crook of the arm so for me after Mitzy East West is my next choice for nights out when I need a slightly smaller bag x

I found that nearly every time I use East-West I end up overfilling it... and it is bursting.
I use a business card holder instead of a purse (all the cards, plus vouchers, plus...cafe Nero stamps...- fits in. "I keep copyright", as I consider this as the best idea that I ever produced bag-wise (before I could not find any wallet that would fit my cards in).
Plus a purse for cash... - this has an advantage that you do not need to take out of your bag all your money and cards at the same time -you just take out what is needed for a moment. For security it is better, too. It is unlikely someone would try to steal 2 purses...
Umbrella, make up bag, sunglasses (or gloves), mobile phone, comb, diary, - what if a small book is involved?
Dust bag to protect my bag in rain. A big plastic bag to protect my coat from other (negligent) people's oil paint at work.
I vote Bays.
Actually, I voted it today, by choosing a patent Bays over an oak printed east-west.

hi there, nice thread! i just bought a bays about a month or so ago. i got a well loved one that's nicely broken in and soft and squishy. i dont often fill it up but i like having the extra room to put stuff in it if i need to. i usually carry a MJ LZW, make-up pouch, keys, gum and sometimes a magazine or a pashmina. im 5'6" tall and about a size 6-8us

i just put a ledbury on hold for me to purchase from a UK seller though as i would love to have a wee bit smaller bag to take out to dinner or a meeting or something. i love the fact both designs are wonderfully versatile, but serve very different purposes. best of luck with your decision :yes: cant wait to see what you decide