Bayswater Tote

2704nina

Nov 29, 2011
Anyone out there that owns one of these? The sale price on the SS Ink is very tempting but it looks quite large online, ive not managed to see one in the flesh yet and wondered what others think of it.

My addiction continues, i already own a Daria hobo velvet ostrich (my very 1st Mulberry) SS OS Alexa blush, Anthony outlet special, Black Lily and a recent oak Bay and feel an ink is needed in my collection! :graucho:

I've been eyeing this up too, ever since I saw pictures of Caroline Flack carrying her black leather tote around. It's a stunning bag, but I'm on the sofa unfortunately.

Unless they reduce it some more... X

I love my choc NVT Bays, it is roomy, great for work and a non fuss bag.
However I would not buy it in the shiny snake. Have seen this tote in the shop, and the scales were all lifted and tghe bag looked awful!
There is a reason it is reduced by 50%... the quality if the scales is not the best I'm afraid...

Loveheart said:
I love my choc NVT Bays, it is roomy, great for work and a non fuss bag.
However I would not buy it in the shiny snake. Have seen this tote in the shop, and the scales were all lifted and tghe bag looked awful!
There is a reason it is reduced by 50%... the quality if the scales is not the best I'm afraid...

Yeah I think the appeal was all in the glossy NVT leather in the pictures. I haven't checked out and SS stuff and have no desire to as I have a snake phobia (only mild butI think they're gross!).

Have they done a leopard one? Haha!

I purchased the ss tote and bays in a moment of excitement when I saw they were Half price. Definitely was me getting too excited in the sales frenzy. When they arrived I didn't like either. They look too formal and I don't really like the finish. I can definitely see that the scales will lift as I can already see it slightly happening. Not for me I'm afraid!

kiren123 said:
I purchased the ss tote and bays in a moment of excitement when I saw they were Half price. Definitely was me getting too excited in the sales frenzy. When they arrived I didn't like either. They look too formal and I don't really like the finish. I can definitely see that the scales will lift as I can already see it slightly happening. Not for me I'm afraid!

Will u take a quick pic please so I can see what it looks like IRL?? X

Has anyone purchased the Silky snake Bays Tote, I am curious what you think

I keep chopping & changing what I have bought , didn't like the petrol SS alexa and am wondering if to switch to the Bays Tote

Is it heavy, was thinking of using it as a shopper.

I ordered the Dorset tote which is lovely and light for a shopper but find it a little plain

I have Bays & Alexas but something easy to get into and roomy sounds a good idea when shopping

Your opinions ladies

Has anyone purchased the Silky snake Bays Tote, I am curious what you think

I keep chopping & changing what I have bought , didn't like the petrol SS alexa and am wondering if to switch to the Bays Tote

Is it heavy, was thinking of using it as a shopper.

I ordered the Dorset tote which is lovely and light for a shopper but find it a little plain

I have Bays & Alexas but something easy to get into and roomy sounds a good idea when shopping

Your opinions ladies

SS generally has been reduced considerably which tells me it's unpopular and prone to damage. Just my opinion but I personally would rather have something desirable (even though it's more expensive) than something inferior just because it's reduced in price.

I know SS bays/tote has received a lot of negative mention here, perhaps because many got tempted (and carried away with) the 50% off and didn't really love the bag to begin with.

For me the Silky Snake print is perfect and was/is one of my dream bags - it's more rock chick and a little less business-looking than reg leather on Bays for instance IMO. I haven't received my SS Bays yet, but I LOVE the print and think it will be perfect for me :heart: If there's no issues on the scales that is.

So my point is, don't buy it just because it's reduced by 50% but def get it if you love the snake-print like me.

COPENHAGEN said:
I know SS bays/tote has received a lot of negative mention here, perhaps because many got tempted (and carried away with) the 50% off and didn't really love the bag to begin with.

For me the Silky Snake print is perfect and was/is one of my dream bags - it's more rock chick and a little less business-looking than reg leather on Bays for instance IMO. I haven't received my SS Bays yet, but I LOVE the print and think it will be perfect for me :heart: If there's no issues on the scales that is.

So my point is, don't buy it just because it's reduced by 50% but def get it if you love the snake-print like me.

Hi
I am a newbie to Mulberry but seem to love the style - is it easy to get in and out of? Can I use it everyday ?
Love the oak bay...

Good advise :biggrin: I think you are right about everyone getting carried away because of the discount

I love silky snake print and have an Alexa in the pebble beige. I am more careful with it than other bags but then i have some more practical bags so can pick and choose. :love: It still looks as stunning as when I first bought it

I guess for me it's a chance to get a bag I love which i wouldn't have picked before because of the price.

I don't have a tote bag either so I'm thinking the Bayswater Tote could be the one for me.................but it's so difficult choosing when you haven't seen the bag and tried it. Quite often I dont like them when they arrive for this reason ;)

Good advise :biggrin: I think you are right about everyone getting carried away because of the discount

I love silky snake print and have an Alexa in the pebble beige. I am more careful with it than other bags but then i have some more practical bags so can pick and choose. :love: It still looks as stunning as when I first bought it

I guess for me it's a chance to get a bag I love which i wouldn't have picked before because of the price.

I don't have a tote bag either so I'm thinking the Bayswater Tote could be the one for me.................but it's so difficult choosing when you haven't seen the bag and tried it. Quite often I dont like them when they arrive for this reason ;)
Glad to hear your SS Alexa is still looking gorg :smile:

Same for me - I would never pay nearly 1500 euros for the bag so when I saw it at 50% off I couldn't beleive my own eyes and I was sure it was a mistake on M.com :biggrin:

So are you considering the Bays tote? It looks like a great size but I know the feeling of not knowing weather it will suit you or not before you actually get to try the bag on.

Oh, and also what I love about the tote & bays SS is the Ink color. I think black SS looks dull pretty quick whereas Ink gives it kind of a special glow. Well well, let's see if I'm just as excited when I receive it this tuesday ;)

I'm dying to see some tPF pictures of the print!

Glad to hear your SS Alexa is still looking gorg :smile:

Same for me - I would never pay nearly 1500 euros for the bag so when I saw it at 50% off I couldn't beleive my own eyes and I was sure it was a mistake on M.com :biggrin:

So are you considering the Bays tote? It looks like a great size but I know the feeling of not knowing weather it will suit you or not before you actually get to try the bag on.

Oh, and also what I love about the tote & bays SS is the Ink color. I think black SS looks dull pretty quick whereas Ink gives it kind of a special glow. Well well, let's see if I'm just as excited when I receive it this tuesday ;)

I'm dying to see some tPF pictures of the print!

Think the 50% off Bays & Alexas got all of our attentions but they still have the SS Alexas left

Look forward to seeing your reveal & finding out what you think of it. I agree about the Ink I much prefer it to black. I go a lot more for colours and like you prefer rock chick than business look

Yes I am considering Bayswater Tote but not sure how it will look. I love Bays but daren't buy another, DH is keeping count and they are too big to hide :lolots: