Bayswater to be discontinued from A/W 2016 onwards??!

Hope they hear you, Panda.

They won't hear me as they don't care. And I don't matter. I'm not the right demographic anymore. I'm too old at 46. Even though I have the disposal income that they require for a hefty purchase. I honestly think they're giving their fan base away for free with these shonky designs. *sigh*

I bet Michael Kors and the like are all loving it.

I too will end up loving another brand. The saddest thing for me is that this forum and the ladies on here seem to be the friendliest. I will still hang out here the most for sure.

I know this sounds a bit mental but with madam Alexa Chung going to work/advise M&S I for one will be very keen to see what they do with their bags. Don't forget that most of us are their "key" demographic. Just a thought, ;)

They won't hear me as they don't care. And I don't matter. I'm not the right demographic anymore. I'm too old at 46. Even though I have the disposal income that they require for a hefty purchase. I honestly think they're giving their fan base away for free with these shonky designs. *sigh*

I too will end up loving another brand. The saddest thing for me is that this forum and the ladies on here seem to be the friendliest. I will still hang out here the most for sure.

I know this sounds a bit mental but with madam Alexa Chung going to work/advise M&S I for one will be very keen to see what they do with their bags. Don't forget that most of us are their "key" demographic. Just a thought, ;)

I am a bit younger, but I guess like you that I'm not the right demographic as I don't run a fashion blog nor an IG account.

Probably those brands think that they don't need loyal customers anymore. Not sure.

You are absolutely right about our subforum. It is the friendliest for sure. And it would be very sad not to "see" you lovely ladies anymore. [emoji17]

I think brands need to maintain at least one or two 'iconic' designs and not play with them.

I'm not a fan of the new designs. To give it it's due I will take a look at them when they are in the stores but from the pics, they are really not my cup of tea.

I'm probably not their target audience either. However they define their target audience. lol.

I totally agree Panda. It will be interesting to see how the profits are when they release their accounts. I doubt that with these offerings they will be any good! Lets hope that common sense prevails in the end and they go back to their roots even if only with a core collection of bags. It's a fierce market and there are lots of other brands to look at.

The thing I don't get is the share price has been riding quite high at £9.84 they were £9 on the nose at Christmas. The shareholders want a profit. They don't care about loyal customers. Just a good dividend return at the end of their financial year.

My SA has quit to go to another premium brand (not bags) and I don't blame her. I'm gutted. My Mulberry world has well and truly fallen apart. Only this forum remains the same with the ladies I consider my buddies posting.

Can we have a thread for "fallen mulberry friends" so that we can just chat on our own up a corner.

Maybe one day the love will come back. Just maybe.

**sorry Moo, will stop dribbling on and go back to topic**

Don't lose hope yet ladies. The 'New Bayswater' can't possibly be meant as a replacement for the actual Bayswater can it? It's much smaller for one thing. I think that it could just be an alternative, possibly less expensive, line that is inspired by the REAL thing. They should call it the 'Entry Level Bayswater.'

Don't lose hope yet ladies. The 'New Bayswater' can't possibly be meant as a replacement for the actual Bayswater can it? It's much smaller for one thing. I think that it could just be an alternative, possibly less expensive, line that is inspired by the REAL thing. They should call it the 'Entry Level Bayswater.'

I did think it looked smaller, hard to tell from the photos.

The thing I don't get is the share price has been riding quite high at £9.84 they were £9 on the nose at Christmas. The shareholders want a profit. They don't care about loyal customers. Just a good dividend return at the end of their financial year.

My SA has quit to go to another premium brand (not bags) and I don't blame her. I'm gutted. My Mulberry world has well and truly fallen apart. Only this forum remains the same with the ladies I consider my buddies posting.

Can we have a thread for "fallen mulberry friends" so that we can just chat on our own up a corner.

May we do a new thread named "Fallen Mulb-Angels"? 😉
So we meet us there....can be angry about the new Mulb collection and we can cry...but we "see" us there 😊

I just finished reading this whole thread and I must say I'm sad. I'm currently in law school, and just got a great summer position offer. I was hoping to save up over the course of this year and buy a bayswater at some point next year. The "New Bayswater" looks so shoddy in comparison. Hopefully, they decide to do the smart thing economically and keep the classic bag as well.

Good post. I'm with you, wrong demographic etc. Those new bayswater photos are awful, especially the red one! I used to be more active here and most people I "knew" then have moved away from Mulberry, and often to other brands such as LV, Chanel, Bal etc. I'm a bit ashamed to say I have bought - and sold - many Mulberry bags since I joined this forum, but recently I have hardly bought any Mulberry. My most recent purchase was a bayswater tote in the sale which I thought would likely be my last Mulberry, and reminded me of the old Mulberry styles and leather. However it became faulty and now I have a credit voucher which I really don't know how to use. I've started another thread but no one has replied, probably because there are fewer Mulberry fans here and the new designs are just not appealing for many of us. It's very sad to watch a brand lose its way and lose its loyal customer base :sad:

Very good post. And I like your idea of the "fallen thread". I have played with that idea, too. [emoji4]

My SA has quit to go to another premium brand (not bags) and I don't blame her. I'm gutted. My Mulberry world has well and truly fallen apart. Only this forum remains the same with the ladies I consider my buddies posting....Can we have a thread for "fallen mulberry friends" so that we can just chat on our own up a corner.

It's rough losing sa.
Kinda waiting for mine to chuck it in. :sad:

Hehehe--mulberry fell, not us.
We are the rising higher club. Or the maintaining steady altitude gang ;)

If London Burning book any indicator of sought demographic--whew.
That's me out, too.
No penis art hanging in my loo. And not piercing my body with metal poppers. :biggrin:

Take heart--change is constant thing.
This, too, shall pass. ♥
But we will remain the awesome, friendly mulberry forum.