Bayswater satchel or normal size as everyday go-to bag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. If you were to choose an everyday bag to last for years, which size woud you choose?

I dont work or study atm so I wont carry laptop/books,,

Pros and cons?:confused1:

2. What I usually carry:

-Small MBMJ coin purse
    -iPad mini
    -headphones
    -iPhone
    -Small daily planner

3. Hi, really depends how much you carry

I prefer small to medium sized bags and have found that SBS is a perfect size for me
    Pros

Carry cross body, crook of arm or hand
    Easy access - one turn and flap opens to reveal a full opening

Full mulberry DNA

Like a tardis - holds continental size purse, keys, phones, makeup bags and plenty more

These if course aren't unique to SBS as you will get this will a full size bays

Hard wearing leather, any marks seem to buff right out

Smell is divine

Cons - None for me, total all rounder IMO

Full says bays - never had one as always found them too big for my needs

4. Regular bays has been my go-to bag for years.
    I own several varieties.
    But not an sbs.

Pros/cons really depend upon how use bags.
    And whether "crossbody option" is something which causes giddy cartwheels or can be done without.
    Also, climate.
    Because a regular bays becomes leather slab o' sweat, when pressed against side on scorching sun-fun days.

Best luck choosing. :smile:

5. I have both bags and for me, the Bayswater is my work bag and my small Bays is my weekend or going out bag...

6. judging but what you carry I would say you would be better suited to a Bayswater Satchel due to its size, but im with the other ladies. I would go Bayswaters all the way. They are my "go to" bag even when im carrying less... :smile:

7. I just got my first Bayswater this weekend, I compared with the small satchel and although I'm sure it was plenty big enough to fit the things I carry most days, I had to choose the Bayswater, which to be honest is bigger than I need but I loved the look of it more and how it felt. I'd def recommend trying both out if you cam made my decision very easy.

8. #8 Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    A Bayswater all the way, as they are just so beautiful.
    The SBS is cute though.
    I think remainsilly was spot on with asking if you want to wear your bag crossbody.
    I have a mini Alexa for days when I want a crossbody.
    Enjoy looking. :biggrin:

9. Sbs is too small for me bays all the way

10. I faced the same question and got a Bays. SBS is cute, but too small for my daily commuting needs.

Do you have a store near you? You could put your daily stuff in both bags and compare.

Good luck deciding.