Bayswater on petite ladies?

Thanks so much ladies!! I am definitely going to get one now :biggrin:

Oooh - exciting times; graduation and new Bayswater! Do you have any particular leathers or colours in mind, Ellzee? I can wholeheartedly recommend them and I'm only 5'5" on a good day! 😉

It's worth bearing in mind that they can be quite heavy, even when empty, depending on the leather - Womble, in my avatar, is very light with a gorgeous sheepskin lining but I recently carried my nvt oak girlie around London, on a two day sightseeing trip, and really knew I had her with me! I also struggled to carry her comfortably on my shoulder, but not everyone has this problem. That said, I wouldn't part with any of my Bays - I consider them to be the most iconic, classic Mulberry - and Miss Oaky was really safe and roomy. I'd strongly recommend the Love Lolo liners - they transform the interior from a black hole into a haven of organised calm! ☺️

I'll attempt to attach a pic of my oak girl with a teal blue Love Lolo liner inside:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 619
Last edited:
I know what you mean - I'm 5'2 and I was worried about this too. But I think it looks fine on me so go get one! It's a classic, perfect way to celebrate.

Agree it is a heavy bag even when empty so something to bear in mind

Oooh - exciting times; graduation and new Bayswater! Do you have any particular leathers or colours in mind, Ellzee? I can wholeheartedly recommend them and I'm only 5'5" on a good day! 😉

It's worth bearing in mind that they can be quite heavy, even when empty, depending on the leather - Womble, in my avatar, is very light with a gorgeous sheepskin lining but I recently carried my nvt oak girlie around London, on a two day sightseeing trip, and really knew I had her with me! I also struggled to carry her comfortably on my shoulder, but not everyone has this problem. That said, I wouldn't part with any of my Bays - I consider them to be the most iconic, classic Mulberry - and Miss Oaky was really safe and roomy. I'd strongly recommend the Love Lolo liners - they transform the interior from a black hole into a haven of organised calm! ☺️

I'll attempt to attach a pic of my oak girl with a teal blue Love Lolo liner inside:
Thank you!!

I have my heart set on the Oxblood 'standard' leather :love: (as in, not the ostrich or printed croc - don't know the terminology very well yet haha) but your bag has a gorgeous colour, I might be swayed yet!

Thank you; I do have a passion for oak but I think oxblood is a gorgeous colour; I was lusting after the oxblood SBS and Mini Lily in the Covent Garden Mulberry during my London trip! I have to confess to owning 11 Bayswaters, three of which I have yet to carry ... [emoji15] I'll fish them all out tomorrow and get them lined up for a photo call! [emoji6]

Hi everyone!

I am thinking about getting a Bayswater at the end of summer to celebrate my graduation :yahoo:

The only problem is I'm very short - under 5 foot! And unfortunately there aren't any stores nearby where I can try them on for size. I've seen lots of pictures and they look quite large!

I was wondering if any of you petite ladies had any modelling pics you'd like to share? :smile:

CONGRATS on upcoming graduation!! WOOT! I'm 5'3" & have a Bays that I use for work (I use smaller bags for casual) I don't think it's too big on my frame, plus it holds a lot which I need it to for work. Maybe google a celebrity that resembles your height /frame & see if there are any pics carrying Mulb Bays....worst case scenario if you get one & do not like it for whatever reason, make sure the return policy is good for you. All the best! :Partyhat:

I'm 5' 4" and have never thought it looks too big on myself or anyone shorter. If you carry lots and like a big bag they are perfect, if you don't have too far to walk. The Oxblood is gorgeous and goes with everything. I found the SBS too small for my needs.

This may help you with weight, "How much does your Mulberry weigh" the Oxblood is showing at 1.25kg
http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry...ch-does-your-mulberry-bag-weigh-366908-8.html

There is of course the new Coca Bays which is supposed to be a bit lighter

Last edited:
I just googled lovelolo and found out that their website is down :sad: Still, that means I have time to think about what colour I would like. I have an oak embossed croc print bayswater ... The gold looks lovely, and so do natural and cream ... does anyone else use a love lolo liner with their oak bayswater? What colours do you have? :biggrin:

Congrats on your graduation! I graduated last year and remember the great feeling!! :smile:

I'm 5'1/5'2 and I wear my Bays almost everyday to work :smile: At first I found it a little big on me but I figured as long as I love the bag, it doesn't matter that I don't have me a 5'10 model frame ;)

Attachments

• OU02.jpg
    OU02.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 348
Reactions: Spartangirl2000
Congrats on your graduation! I graduated last year and remember the great feeling!! :smile:

I'm 5'1/5'2 and I wear my Bays almost everyday to work :smile: At first I found it a little big on me but I figured as long as I love the bag, it doesn't matter that I don't have me a 5'10 model frame ;)

This looks gorgeous on you, it definitely doesn't matter if you're not 5"10" ...................Mulberry need more natural models ;)

Me thinks you look lovely! Better than a model!!

:love::cloud9: LOVE it...looks AMAZING on you! Quite perfect indeed!:ps: