Bayswater Oak question

mofashi

May 21, 2007
Hi folks,

I have an Oak color Bayswater which I bought two years ago. But I didn't use it much. I wore it last week and got a few drops of rain on the leather. After one week, the water stain is still there!

Yesterday I got a few spills of clean water on it. It got stain again!

Do you gals have experience of water stain on Oak leather? How to prevent/clean it. Thanks a lot!

MO

Last edited:

tiggernic

Jun 17, 2010
England, UK
Prevention for me, means the occasional treatment of collonil leather gel, and very regular treatment of collonil waterstop spray. Some of the other ladies use different brands like the one from Russell & Bromley. I also try and make sure if I get caught in the rain that I dry the bag off thoroughly asap. If you can, avoid letting water 'sit' on the leather.

For treatment after a water stain, unfortunately there isn't one really except to give it a treatment of something like collonil leather gel and hope it blends in a bit, in time.

Hope that helps! Maybe someone else can provide you with some better advice re post - water stains :smile:

mofashi

May 21, 2007
Thanks a lot!

Prevention for me, means the occasional treatment of collonil leather gel, and very regular treatment of collonil waterstop spray. Some of the other ladies use different brands like the one from Russell & Bromley. I also try and make sure if I get caught in the rain that I dry the bag off thoroughly asap. If you can, avoid letting water 'sit' on the leather.

For treatment after a water stain, unfortunately there isn't one really except to give it a treatment of something like collonil leather gel and hope it blends in a bit, in time.

Hope that helps! Maybe someone else can provide you with some better advice re post - water stains :smile:

alison123

Mar 18, 2008
oak is a nightmare. My two seem to absorb it from the atmosphere. I've never worked out how to protect it . Colonil spray does nothing.

TheaBerry

May 21, 2009
An SA adviced me to spray regularly when the bag was new-ish, but not spray it too often when you've used it for some time. Once the patina gets going the leather isn't as prone to water.

Always try yo wipe of water from the bag once you get water on it.

If you have watermarks you have to wait for the patina to develop and blend them in.

Good luck!

alison, perhaps your bag needs a nourisher? After you've let it soak up that, you could try to use the collonil? There are loads of threads on nourishers, if you do a search =)