Bayswater: Mink or Stone? Please help!

Your opinion... which one?

• Mink Ombre Leather

• Stone Polished Goatskin Leather

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andrejina

Aug 19, 2008
I am a newbie here and, actually, a newbie in buying so expensive handbags. I would like to buy a bayswater handbag:heart:; it is large enough fto carry daily university stuff but still beautifull.... The two colours I am thinking about are stone (goatskin leather) and mink(ombre leather). Recently, I have discovered very nice pics of the mink bays here, but I am missing real-life pics of stone one. Unfortunately, I cannot visit store and my only choice is the mulberry's online store:sad:

Does anyone here owns any of the bag in stone? Can you please show here some pics with every-day clothes? I am not sure how dark it is? The only pictures I have found are too artificial and I don't know how this colour with fit with my clothes... Thanks in advance:tup:

PS: What would you, more experienced Mulberry fans, prefer, mink or stone?:confused1:

I would def. go with the Mink Ombre.
I saw the Stone goatskin recently and it's too shiny for my taste and the leather seems very delicate, not as durable.
Actually thinking about getting the Ombre myself, so I am a bit biased.

I voted for stone goatskin. Saw it IRL the other day and it was beautiful. I didn't think it was too shiny. It wasn't like gunmetal for instance. Personally I'm craving a grey Bays so the stone is too dark for me.

In my opinion the stone would go with anything.

The mink ombre is very beautiful in pictures. But I would be afraid that in time, the darkened bottom half would just look dirty IYKWIM.

I saw both at the boutique, sitting side by side. They're both very nice, but I'd go for the stone. The mink/ombre will look very dated in a few years, when the whole ombre thing has faded into the background (I know I have an ombre Prada, but that is the 'original' ombre, so I think I'm safe). The stone will always be in style. AND the goatskin of the stone is more durable than the ombre leather. And it was a lot lighter too (of course I picked both up and fondled them :yes:). I love the look of the ombre, but if this is your first bays and you don't own that many high end designer bags yet you'd better go for the stone-it'll last you years and years. Good luck deciding.

I saw both at the boutique, sitting side by side. They're both very nice, but I'd go for the stone. The mink/ombre will look very dated in a few years, when the whole ombre thing has faded into the background (I know I have an ombre Prada, but that is the 'original' ombre, so I think I'm safe). The stone will always be in style. AND the goatskin of the stone is more durable than the ombre leather. And it was a lot lighter too (of course I picked both up and fondled them :yes:). I love the look of the ombre, but if this is your first bays and you don't own that many high end designer bags yet you'd better go for the stone-it'll last you years and years. Good luck deciding.

Very good point!

Thank you, girls, for your replies!:flowers: Right now, I am closer to the stone one (also because of the price), but I would really appreciate description how does this colour looks like. Is it dark or rather light?
Anyway, I will post here some pics to complete here the collection of mulberry bays gallery... if I decide for this one:crybaby: