Bayswater in a soft leather.

thenurse

H is the medicine
Mar 10, 2010
Thank you for any reply and I hope you can help me figure out this.

I tried on a Bayswater a friend has and she couldn't tell me what leather it is. It didn't feel soft and was a light cognac colour. Is that the Buffalo leather? So I was wondering if there is a Bayswater made in a soft leather at all? Like calf or something like that?

Thank you for letting me visit your subforum.

Hi, welcome to mulberry world!
Your friend's Bayswater was most likely the classic nvt leather in an oak colour. Mostly, Bayswaters are made in the more structured leather, particularly the classic chocolate, black and oak colours. However they have also been made in softer glove leather, and there is a bright pink one from the current season I think that is soft...the exact leather escapes me at the moment! It may be lambskin actually. It also came in a stunning pale mushroom colour too....there are other ladies here who know much more than me about Bayswaters and I'm sure they'll be along soon! :biggrin:

Wow! Thanks a lot. I am a soft leather girl especially after I got my Mulberry clutch in purple suede. The Bayswater in lambskin sounds divine. :smile:

Yes there were three in their on the day i was there. All black, all soft spongy leather.:graucho:. I paid £525. The reason being there was a missing stitch inside the bag. No other defects at all.:smile::biggrin:

Congratulations! Any pictures? and do you feel that the softer leather can't be "abused" as much in both wear and rain for example?

:smile:

Congratulations! Any pictures? and do you feel that the softer leather can't be "abused" as much in both wear and rain for example?

:smile:
I will be totally honest with you i havent used it at all yet. Dont get me wrong its stunning black with gold hardware and it feels and smells divine, however i am a little scared that it will crack (the leather)only because of what i had read on here, whilst others said the leather would be fine. Imo it will definately need less babying than the nvt bays as far as rain is concerned. I did post a pic a while ago but i cant do links. I will try and post some more tomoz.:smile: the reason i fell in love with her woz because of the gold hardware (quite unusual)and she is shiny and soft.

There was a camel bayswater a season or two ago, might have been buffalo, which would also be a soft leather?

I see there is a "deer brown buffalo shine" one online now.

Not helping much here though, am I :P

Good luck for hunting what you want - some people prefer soft leather, others go for structured, many have both & in between :greengrin: Bays never go out of fashion!!

New ones have been already mentioned above and some old leather (was it called Glove? I may be wrong) were supposed to be very soft and become puddle of leather when you put down...