Bayswater help, please...

Scoutsthistle

Nov 25, 2015
I'm thinking of buying an oak BT as there is 20% off at the moment in the sales but I've read that they arnt as easy to keep clean and get more water damage than the chocolate. I've got a choc Anthony messenger which I love and would love a choc Bayswater tote too but can't find one with 20% off so it's £180 more! Are the oak ones nice IRL? I've not seen one, is the leather nice and soft? I'm very tempted! Thanks

I think they look nice in oak, but would need more looking after (spraying with Collonil waterstop, etc) than the choc brown version. Oak NVT leather develops a gorgeous patina though - you'd just need to be ok with the risk of some character-building marks developing along the way!

If you search the forum there's a thread somewhere that I remember about how bags age, and there were some photos of lovely oak Bays that might help you decide...

Good luck!

I have an Oak BT and love her. Use her daily for work and have had no issues. I did coat well with collonil but now I use her rain and all! Perfect work bag for me.

I wanted to get the Bayswater tote in the sales just now but it's sold out in oak so I don't know whether to wait until the Christmas sales and see if it's reduced then or go for a classic Bayswater? I've read they are heavy to carry about also not sure if oak or chocolate would be best? Please can anyone offer any advice?! Thanks

I wanted to get the Bayswater tote in the sales just now but it's sold out in oak so I don't know whether to wait until the Christmas sales and see if it's reduced then or go for a classic Bayswater? I've read they are heavy to carry about also not sure if oak or chocolate would be best? Please can anyone offer any advice?! Thanks

It is in the US sale in Oak, Chocolate, Black, and Red. I am debating too as I have always loved this style for its usefulness, but find it heavier than my NVT Bayswater, which is pretty heavy.

That's interesting that the tote is heavier than the classic Bayswater. Maybe I should order the classic one from John Lewis who have 20% off just now!!! Debating colour but think I would get the chocolate one as heard it's easier than the oak to look after! Thanks again for all the help

That's interesting that the tote is heavier than the classic Bayswater. Maybe I should order the classic one from John Lewis who have 20% off just now!!! Debating colour but think I would get the chocolate one as heard it's easier than the oak to look after! Thanks again for all the help

Maybe I just think it is heavier because I know I can fit more stuff in it :smile: