Bayswater handle peeling

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    Hi everyone

this is my bayswater from around 2007! Maybe earlier? I used to use it a ton for work and after a while one of the handles started peeling. How do I fix this? I feel like there'd be no way to fix it. I've been tempted to just peel off the part that's coming apart but something tells me it can't be good for the bag! I want to carry it again but I'm paranoid and end up trying to be overly careful with the handles.

I didnt know what to do for the longest time but i know some of the mulberry lovers here would have some good advice! Thanks!

image-4140367968.jpg image-3297043824.jpg
  2. Hi ncch,

Fabulous example of coconut glove bayswater. Worry no longer, the bit which is peeling is simply the inking and this can be replaced very easily by Mulberry at their Shepton Mallet repairs. If you give them a call on: +44 (0) 1749 822 131 one of the team will be able to give you an idea of cost and time frame. You will then need to send it in, either via post or through a Mulberry shop (not a franchise) who will forward it to SM. :tup:

3. Thank you so much! How are you so knowledgable about all things mulberry?! I was curious about what this style was called. So awesome.

I'm not in the uk so I guess i will take it to one of the stores here and see what they will do for me. Hopefully it doesn't matter I bought it in a different country.

4. :giggles: It's easy to learn about things which make you happy...:biggrin: it's glove leather tasselled bayswater in coconut.
    It won't matter at all, Mulberry will still sort it for you, though it may take a while longer if it has to travel. :smile:

5. Good to know ! I wonder how long it will take. It will have to travel pretty far! But not really a prob as i wont be using it in colder weather. Thanks for the info.

Did this bag come in other colors?

6. Wow ncch! Not seen this style of bays before. So so pretty :biggrin:

7. I think it may have come in a lovely sage green, but am not sure...I have the blenheim in this and think there was also a green version...Jazzyjay would be the best person to ask :smile:

8. Thank you! I've never seen this bag on anyone else either! Such a great bag, love mulberry!

9. Hmm I think I remember the green but I might be imagining...

So I just got off the phone with the local boutique and the SA said I need the original invoice?? Do people really keep their invoices for years and years?? I'm sure the ink would've been smeared by now anyway. Now what? Do I take it to just any leather repair guy? Sigh...

10. Hi ncch,

It came in aqua...there was also a Roxanne and Blenheim in this range.

You need to speak to Mulberry directly...email their repairs on enquiries@mulberry.com and explain the situation....you do not need to have an original receipt...that would only be required if you were having the work done under guarantee..however, if Mulberry state the inking is faulty, then they should repair it for free regardless of warranty.

:smile:

11. Youre so awesome~~ super quick too, thanks! I will email them in a bit. Keep you updated!