Bayswater dilemma!

Hello,

I need help please in deciding which bag to keep. I managed to buy the indigo Bayswater and the small black Bayswater with zips in the sale. I have a vast collection already so have decided to only keep one bag. I love the indigo colour but it's quite big and can only be held by the arm. But the small Bayswater is a black classic with a twist and I like the shoulder strap, however is the smooth calf leather too prone to scratches? And is it just a black bag with zip in which case is it better to just buy the original small Bayswater without anything on it?

Any opinions would be great! Thank you x

Attachments

• IMG_7241.JPG
    IMG_7241.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 370
Hello,

I need help please in deciding which bag to keep. I managed to buy the indigo Bayswater and the small black Bayswater with zips in the sale. I have a vast collection already so have decided to only keep one bag. I love the indigo colour but it's quite big and can only be held by the arm. But the small Bayswater is a black classic with a twist and I like the shoulder strap, however is the smooth calf leather too prone to scratches? And is it just a black bag with zip in which case is it better to just buy the original small Bayswater without anything on it?

Any opinions would be great! Thank you x

Morning :smile: buyers regret, we've all been there. What does your collection consist of at the moment? Is there room for more Bayswaters or is there a gap for something else that's not filled by either of these. The indigo bays is classic and stunning but perhaps not as 'user friendly' as the bays with zips. I purchased a bays a couple of years ago in the sale, in a bright blue, can't remember the exact colour but quickly realised it wasn't a keeper. The bays with zips is lovely now but not sure whether it will look dated quite quickly (?) only you can decide that. As for the leather, def not as hardy as goat or nvt. Good luck deciding

I can understand your dilemma, they are both gogerous!!! My vote is on indigo bayswater by heart as I love the color and the leather looks lush! But if I were you, I would keep the black small bays for practical reasons, and I would probably use it a lot more than the standard bays. It is all probably down to your life style, as a mum of two, I really haven't got the spare hand to carry a bayswater... :sad:

Morning :smile: buyers regret, we've all been there. What does your collection consist of at the moment? Is there room for more Bayswaters or is there a gap for something else that's not filled by either of these. The indigo bays is classic and stunning but perhaps not as 'user friendly' as the bays with zips. I purchased a bays a couple of years ago in the sale, in a bright blue, can't remember the exact colour but quickly realised it wasn't a keeper. The bays with zips is lovely now but not sure whether it will look dated quite quickly (?) only you can decide that. As for the leather, def not as hardy as goat or nvt. Good luck deciding

I have a mixture of different bags over the years, but Bayswater wise - I only have a black one and a bright blue one. That kind of makes me think the reason why I don't have many of them. I have a few Alexa as I like the shoulder strap but I love the indigo blue. I got the neon blue Lily in the summer so as you can see, I'm a huge fan of bright blue bags!!

I can understand your dilemma, they are both gogerous!!! My vote is on indigo bayswater by heart as I love the color and the leather looks lush! But if I were you, I would keep the black small bays for practical reasons, and I would probably use it a lot more than the standard bays. It is all probably down to your life style, as a mum of two, I really haven't got the spare hand to carry a bayswater... :sad:

I'm such a sucker for bright blue bags that I'm feel indigo Bayswater is an amazing colour but if it came in the small Bayswater, then I would probably go for that one! I guess it's colour vs style! But being hands free is important as I have a 8 month old baby to contend with!!

Above anything else bags have to suit the life we lead. If you need to be hands free most of the time then the large bayswater (lovely though it is) is no use to you :smile:. If you need your hands free bag to be able to withstand knocks then you might be better buying an SBS in the colour of your choice in a different leather outside the sale. I hope that helps!

Reactions: BeckyHannaway
I may be throwing a spanner in the works but am wondering whether you really like either of them enough to keep one. Personally speaking I know that if it isn't instant 'love' then it won't get any better. Maybe put the money towards a bag that really sings out to you?

I may be throwing a spanner in the works but am wondering whether you really like either of them enough to keep one. Personally speaking I know that if it isn't instant 'love' then it won't get any better. Maybe put the money towards a bag that really sings out to you?

Well said! I can't help as I've been back and forth a number of times since the sale started and still not sure on my own purchases [emoji51]

Last edited: