Bayswater clutch - smaller sized...?

Linnea

O.G.
May 3, 2008
I remember vaguely that somebody had seen a bayswater clutch in a smaller size...? Have I been dreaming...?

IF this bag exists, where can it be found? I'd like to know the size and the available colours. And how muchos it costs, of course :smile:.

I think the Bays clutch is too big for me, but I would love the style in a slightly smaller size.

TIA!:flowers:

Hi Linnea. Yes I remembered this thread also. I think Stanstead airport was mentioned and I think Oak Choc and black.

When my DH passed through T5 the other week I asked him to pop into the Mulberry shop and ask thinking another airport just might get lucky. All they had was the large Bays Clutch.

I also seem to remember St.C's being mentioned but my memory may be playing tricks on me again!!

Sorry not being much help here.

I hope it wasn't the pouch and, yes, Stanstead does ring a bell :smile:. I think I will try contacting some stores and perhaps mulberry.com.

I am really interested because I totally lack something in this size. I have been eyeing the Somerset shoulder bag, but I'd prefer a leather strap. The canvas makes it more casual IMO. A smaller size would also be easier to use as a clutch. However, the "regular" Bayswater clutch would make an excellent pillow on an after party :Partyhat::sleepy:.

Well, i asked a sa about smaller size bayswater clutch ...he said its the size of a Belle...

but he couldnt show me any...said they were all sold out...i dont know if its truely sold out or the stock hasnt arrive and it sounds so much better to say sold out or something else...but i havent been back to bond street...

Interesting, I also find the bayswater clutch HUGE and not very beautiful because of its size. A smaller version would be much more attractive and useful - unless you plan to use it as the pillow mentioned above, of course - lol!

Have now found out that there was a smaller version made of the Bays Clutch as a trial for AW/09 in NVT Black, Choc and Oak which were placed in various shops as a trial run. They have now all sold out. This bag should be in the shops from July 09.

Oh yes some colour would be lovely, I put my name down for one and the choices were Oak, choc or black only all in NVT and all with goldy colour hardware, if black had come with silver hardware I would have gone for that... sigh.