Bayswater buckle bag

sacdujour

Feb 1, 2012
I am about to part with my hard-earned cash for a lovely new Oxblood Bays
Buckle bag (small). It is the first Mulberry for ages that has stopped me in my tracks but as ever, I need some validation of my choice. I can't find any reveals on here to help me and wondered if anyone else loves/owns one if these...? Any feedback will be much appreciated.:smile:

I am about to part with my hard-earned cash for a lovely new Oxblood Bays
Buckle bag (small). It is the first Mulberry for ages that has stopped me in my tracks but as ever, I need some validation of my choice. I can't find any reveals on here to help me and wondered if anyone else loves/owns one if these...? Any feedback will be much appreciated.:smile:

Snap ! only thing holding me back is i would prefer black with gold. I love the oak but am not brave enough so my only other option is the oxblood. Have you not been able to see it in the flesh ? I do really like it but thats no good to you and no answer !
To be honest im not in a rush to buy, nor do i need one right now, so i am quite happy to wait and see what goes into the Christmas sale :shocked:

I've got a black one...I love it...
e7515f64a5af4d6d8172e430141c72b5_zps96ffc23e.jpg

What do you need to know?

Snap ! only thing holding me back is i would prefer black with gold. I love the oak but am not brave enough so my only other option is the oxblood. Have you not been able to see it in the flesh ? I do really like it but thats no good to you and no answer !
To be honest im not in a rush to buy, nor do i need one right now, so i am quite happy to wait and see what goes into the Christmas sale :shocked:

I got told by the SA in my local concession that it's unlikely to hit the sale as they've been really popular. Not sure if that helps. I love my in shrunken calf. The nvt is nice, I have seen the oak and a navy colour, but I think the shrunken calf makes it a stronger bag to have. If that makes sense. Can post picture if you know what you'd like to see. I have her with me today as she's my everyday bag now along with a couple of others that I rotate.. Let me know, happy to answer any queries you might have. She is bigger than a sbs btw.

Hi Geddes. I initially thought I would prefer the black but I have seen and held the Oxblood and it is stunning. I have plenty of black and already have oak covered in the classic Bays so this is a bit of a departure for me, I should sensibly wait for the sale but just feel autumn/winter is the season this colour is made for, so I feel I may buckle before sale time, if you'll pardon the pun. :roflmfao:

I've got a black one...I love it...
e7515f64a5af4d6d8172e430141c72b5_zps96ffc23e.jpg

What do you need to know?

Wow! That's beautiful. How long have you had that beauty? - I must have missed your reveal. The reason I am drawn to it is it looks like a very easy bag to use and I love the size. The large is just a little too much for me. How do you find the finish/leather? Is it as tough as it looks?

I got told by the SA in my local concession that it's unlikely to hit the sale as they've been really popular. Not sure if that helps. I love my in shrunken calf. The nvt is nice, I have seen the oak and a navy colour, but I think the shrunken calf makes it a stronger bag to have. If that makes sense. Can post picture if you know what you'd like to see. I have her with me today as she's my everyday bag now along with a couple of others that I rotate.. Let me know, happy to answer any queries you might have. She is bigger than a sbs btw.

Posts crossed! You must be a mind reader - I did think it looked like a robust little number. Good to know that you are using her evert day. I have a feeling I will too. I agree about the sale - I think this one will fly out once autumn gets under way, in all colours, so I definitely don't want to risk being disappointed. If it's. It too cheeky, would love to know what capacity is like? and do you use pouches for extra security? Thank you so much!

Posts crossed! You must be a mind reader - I did think it looked like a robust little number. Good to know that you are using her evert day. I have a feeling I will too. I agree about the sale - I think this one will fly out once autumn gets under way, in all colours, so I definitely don't want to risk being disappointed. If it's. It too cheeky, would love to know what capacity is like? and do you use pouches for extra security? Thank you so much!

Not being cheeky at all. Ask as many questions as you like. I didn't want another full bays, I wanted something with about 2/3s the capacity and I think its good. I have an Alexa liner in mine and its spot on size wise. She's really durable. The leather is thick and gorgeous and to say I get compliments is an understatement. I love the oxblood too bit I like in black and grey clothes so oxblood wouldn't work for me but it is a stunner for sure.

8dd0cf42bf902cc98c9ab2ff13042139_zps3e3f42e7.jpg

Last edited: