Bayswater brass

Silur

Aug 14, 2007
Hello

I am new at this forum and would be very happy for some help. I recently bought a bayswater (used) which is beautiful and I really like it. All the brass items on the bag are however oxidized and have turned very dark. Is it something you can do or is it supposed to be like this? I was thinking about using common polish that I use for other brass things at home but maybe thats a big no...

How do you usually do?

Thank you for your answers.
Here are some pictures. It is difficult to capture exactly how it looks but anyhow... Now that you say it, it might have been a darker brass than usual from the beginning, but it still looks oxidized. Do you think I should leave it alone then and go for the vintage look?

It is actually darker IRL than on the pictures, the padlock is almost black.

Attachments

• MB1-2.JPG
    MB1-2.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 69
  • MB2-2.JPG
    MB2-2.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 77
I would just leave it, the hw is not supposed to be shiny-shiny - I'd go for the vintage look...

But if it really bothers you, call the nearest Mulberry store and ask them what they would recommend!

It's a really weird product to use for metal cleaning. I put a little dab of Alberto VO5 conditioner ( the one in the tube) on a soft rag and use it to polish metal. It's not abrasive and also helps polish patent bags.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I'll go for the vintage look then. Now that I am used to it, I kind of think it looks nice. But I simply have to try the VO5-treatment :smile:, just on the inside to see how it looks.

zooba - maybe you should give Alberto a call, you could get a stipend for innovation or something... :idea: