Bayswater belted satchel shoulder bag?

slytheringirl

Apr 22, 2021
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone owns the Bayswater belted satchel shoulder bag, or knows someone who does? I’m considering it for my next purchase (which won’t be for a while, but still doesn’t hurt to research in advanced ;) ). I like the look of it, but I can’t find any reviews on it online or YouTube since it’s the tote that’s being reviewed. Any insight would be helpful.

I’m also considering the Darley and Lily, so would like to compare to the reviews on those.

Thanks in advance:smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Oliviarose87
Hi Slytheringirl, love your name! I have the Bayswater belted satchel in Mulberry Green and the Darley shoulder bag in taupe/grey. Love both bags, please feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I also have the Lily in oak, but recently passed it on to my daughter. The all chain strap with no leather digs into my collarbone if I put any weight in that bag, so it’s gorgeous, but just not terribly practical, for me.

Reactions: slytheringirl
Hi Slytheringirl, love your name! I have the Bayswater belted satchel in Mulberry Green and the Darley shoulder bag in taupe/grey. Love both bags, please feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I also have the Lily in oak, but recently passed it on to my daughter. The all chain strap with no leather digs into my collarbone if I put any weight in that bag, so it’s gorgeous, but just not terribly practical, for me.

Thank you! :biggrin:

That's good to know about the Lily. I've always wondered what it was like to have a bag that's only chain. I was wondering how lightweight they were, and how easy it was to get in and out of both bags?

All 3 bags are lightweight. The Darley and Lily are easiest to get in and out of as there is only the post lock to turn and then open the bag. These can be be opened and closed using one hand. The Bayswater satchel also has the post lock, but you need to ensure the straps are aligned over the post lock to securely close, which can also be done with one hand, just not quite as seamlessly as for the Lily and the Darley. However the Bayswater has a magnetised flap cover, which provides good closure even without the postlock being secured. The Lily (mine is the small) has no interior compartments, only an inside zip pocket. The Darley has an inside magnetised pocket and two interior compartments, as well as an exterior magnetised pocket. Both these bags are easy to get in and out of. The Bayswater has two interior compartments divided by a zipped compartment. For my personal use on a daily basis, I find myself reaching for the Darley the most frequently. It is the most spacious, the most functional, and overall the easiest to use.

That's definitely a HUGE plus for me that they're all lightweight. Okay, I did expect the belted Bayswater to be maybe a bit tricky to get in and out of, but that does make it a bit safer when out and about. Pictures online aren't totally helpful when it comes to predicting that. Yes, you can kind of guess, but sometimes what looks to be a hassle actually isn't. I didn't expect the Darley to be bigger, because the belted Bayswater looked much bigger. Really? Okay, now the Lily is definitely out, and it's between the Darley and belted Bayswater shoulder bag. Thank you so much for your help! :smile:

Hi again,

Just to clarify, there are different sizes of Lily and Darley. The Lily I have is the smallest one - 6”x 8” x4”:

The Darley I have is this one 7” x 11” x 4”:

Hey! Oh, okay. I was looking at that Darley bag, too. I like the look of the smaller one, but I do tend to carry a fair amount of things. Not too much as I don't need my whole entire life with me, but enough to make small and mini bags a no go.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, how would you are the quality of Mulberry? I keep hearing about quality among different brands and am just curious.

I hear you on the mini-bags, don’t really see the point! In my opinion Mulberry quality is as good as Bottega Veneta (pre-Daniel Lee) and Louis Vuitton, Loewe. Top quality leather and construction. I’ve yet to have any issues with any of my Mulberry bags, and I’ve been acquiring them for over ten years now. I can’t say the same about Gucci, as I have had to have a Gucci bag repaired in the past.

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone owns the Bayswater belted satchel shoulder bag, or knows someone who does? I’m considering it for my next purchase (which won’t be for a while, but still doesn’t hurt to research in advanced ;) ). I like the look of it, but I can’t find any reviews on it online or YouTube since it’s the tote that’s being reviewed. Any insight would be helpful.

I’m also considering the Darley and Lily, so would like to compare to the reviews on those.

Thanks in advance:smile:
The belted Bayswater satchel is on my list. Impatiently waiting on the sale as I see the black version is on the USA sale site.

@KikiStLoy I don't either! I know some people don't carry as much, so it is practical for some, but I can't imagine going anywhere without things like my lotion or deodorant among a few other things like my wallet. That's really good to know. I keep hearing about how some fashion houses are skimping on their quality. I don't have a vintage anything to compare it to, so it's hard to agree or disagree. I'm glad that Mulberry quality is really good. Of course it also depends on how you treat your things. I'm mindful, but not overly protective. Oh, really? I just bought a Marmont, so fingers crossed! Thank you again for answering my questions, this has helped so much as I'm making a decision.

@Oliviarose87 I also see the green one on sale, too. Are you waiting for the black?

@KikiStLoy I don't either! I know some people don't carry as much, so it is practical for some, but I can't imagine going anywhere without things like my lotion or deodorant among a few other things like my wallet. That's really good to know. I keep hearing about how some fashion houses are skimping on their quality. I don't have a vintage anything to compare it to, so it's hard to agree or disagree. I'm glad that Mulberry quality is really good. Of course it also depends on how you treat your things. I'm mindful, but not overly protective. Oh, really? I just bought a Marmont, so fingers crossed! Thank you again for answering my questions, this has helped so much as I'm making a decision.

@Oliviarose87 I also see the green one on sale, too. Are you waiting for the black?
Yes it’s the black I’m after. Hopefully the sale starts soon

@slytheringirl - the Gucci bag that required repairing was over 10 years ago, the shoulder strap separated from the bag, probably due to me putting far too much stuff in the bag! It is a large leather messenger bag that they no longer make. I took it to my local shoe repair shop and they stitched the strap back down, good as new. I’ve bought quite a few Gucci bags since then and absolutely no issues with quality, they still look beautiful today.

@slytheringirl - the Gucci bag that required repairing was over 10 years ago, the shoulder strap separated from the bag, probably due to me putting far too much stuff in the bag! It is a large leather messenger bag that they no longer make. I took it to my local shoe repair shop and they stitched the strap back down, good as new. I’ve bought quite a few Gucci bags since then and absolutely no issues with quality, they still look beautiful today.

Oh, okay. That’s pretty cool that you were able to take your bag to the shoe repair shop. I never would’ve thought of that. Oh, good, I’m glad they still look beautiful :heart:

Reactions: KikiStLoy