Bayswater as a gym/overnight bag?

LexAeterna

Jun 30, 2018
Hi! I was wondering if anyone uses the Bayswater as a gym or overnight bag? I know that the side straps can be adjusted to allow for more space. I only have the discontinued Bayswater with Strap (from Johnny Coca's era) and I'm unsure how this compares to the original Bayswater.

3threebabies

Apr 22, 2019
I have used my Bayswater as a personal bag for travel and stuffed it. It is heavy when full, and I have to either place it on a wheeled carry on or hand carry. It won’t fit on my shoulder when stuffed. I cannot hand carry it when full for very long because I have to limit weight on my left side for medical reasons. It would work for me as a gym bag. I used to occasionally stalk TRR for a Piccadilly which is a true over night sized carry all, but I no longer do as I am sure it would be too heavy and bulky for me to wrangle when flying alone.

Reactions: LexAeterna

24shaz

O.G.
Jan 12, 2012
I have used my Bayswater as a personal bag for travel and stuffed it. It is heavy when full, and I have to either place it on a wheeled carry on or hand carry. It won’t fit on my shoulder when stuffed. I cannot hand carry it when full for very long because I have to limit weight on my left side for medical reasons. It would work for me as a gym bag. I used to occasionally stalk TRR for a Piccadilly which is a true over night sized carry all, but I no longer do as I am sure it would be too heavy and bulky for me to wrangle when flying alone.
Don’t think I’d manage one either, but there’s a rare Piccadilly on naughtipidgen’s nest if anyone’s looking for one.

Reactions: 3threebabies

jayjaye

Jul 28, 2022
This! I have one of the discontinued zipped bayswater (the larger size) and while it can fit a ton, it gets heavy fast. Would love a Picadilly also, but it'd have to be for travelling where there is not much carrying

Amandines

Jan 6, 2015
I use my Bayswater for my everyday bag and the large Bayswater ( about the same as Piccadilly) as a weekend bag or carry on. They are both perfect, in my opinion. I agree with jayjaye that I would not choose a leather gym bag.

Reactions: 24shaz