Batty's Beauties

BattyBugs

Shoe crazy!
O.G.
Apr 29, 2006
While I don't have what can really be considered a "collection," per say, I have acquired a few pair since that fateful 1st pair in May. It is a very slippery slope. This isn't all of them. My Stingray D'Orsays are at the cobbler's having the heel repaired and I have 3 pair arriving this week. :supacool: Some are keepers forever. Some may eventually end up leaving the closet, but this is my meager CL collection for now.

I think it is only fitting that I begin with the pair that started it all. I was looking for a pair of shoes to wear to my daughter's college graduation and ended up with these. They were really comfy out of the box, but for some reason, started tearing up my heels. My cobbler added a bit of soft leather to the inside of both slings, making them much easier to wear. This pair is going to be my first DIY project (when I get home from Italy). I plan to strass them, as soon as I can decide on a crystal color.

May I present my Numero Prive Slingbacks in black patent with 90mm heels.

NoPrive5.jpg

NoPrive4.jpg

NoPrive3.jpg

NoPrive1.jpg

NoPrive2.jpg

I was quite content for a while. Well, until I discovered this subforum, that is. :lolots: It was a quick trip to the edge of the cliff and has been a fast ride down a slippery slope. I snagged this pair of Rueben's Booties from Neiman Marcus' online 2nd cut this past Spring, shortly after discovering this wonderful place. I'm still trying to master these heels, but I love the look and feel of this pair. They are a size up from my US size, so I had my cobbler put a full insert in under the insole. They fit fairly well, now.

Excuse the socks. I tried to fold them down. They are a necessity with this pair.

BrownBooties14.jpg

BrownBooties16.jpg

BrownBooties10.jpg

BrownBooties15.jpg

By now, I think I was totally Batty. I hadn't been out of a pair of flats in years and I had bought not one, but two pair of heels. Well, until I pushed the pay now button on my Barney's shopping cart. Yes, it was their 2nd cut this Spring and I think I was buying in my sleep. The sale went through, my checking account was several hundred dollars lighter and this pair arrived about a week later.

May I introduce you to Luly in black with white stitching. I still haven't mastered her, but she is so doggone sexy, I don't have the heart to sell her. She is a size too big, so she too has an insert under the insole.

Luly9.jpg

Luly8.jpg

Luly6.jpg

Luly2.jpg

Luly1.jpg

Luly3.jpg

I began to scour eBay for something I could actually wear and scored this pair of flats. I have worn them so much, they required a resole. Here are my Rosella flats. They are a size up from my TTS and believe me, I need every bit of it. They run very small.

Rosella7.jpg

Rosella1.jpg

Rosella2.jpg

Rosella3.jpg

The next few pair were sort of a blur. I sure don't remember the order they arrived, except that my black MBPs came before the brown ones. I had some arrive, then get returned due to fit issues, so some reveals (of retail purchases), will not be in this thread. Hmm, let me move next to my black Belle Booties with 100mm heels. They are probably an entire size too big and I am still having trouble with them. I think I might actually be able to manage them, if they fit. I haven't given up, yet. I'm working with inserts, Foot Petals and heel grips in an attempt to keep them from slipping around on my feet. They are just so sexy, if you know what I mean.

BlackBelle4.jpg

Belle3.jpg

BlackBelle7.jpg

BlackBelle1.jpg

BlackBelle2.jpg

I purchased this pair at the soft opening of the CL Dallas Boutique, in September. It was love at first sight. In retrospect, I should have taken my usual European size, or maybe even gone down a size, since these have stretched and I have added an insole and heel grips to them. These are my go-to booties, though.

Belle Booties in Camel Suede with 85mm heels. :love:

CamelBelle9.jpg

CamelBelle12.jpg

CamelBelle13.jpg

CamelBelle14.jpg

CamelBelle5.jpg

CamelBelle7.jpg

I was in Neiman Marcus one day, wandering around in the shoe department (a bad habit of mine) and saw these sitting on the display. They had just come in, but were selling fast. Naturally, I had to try them on...just to see. I have worn these quite a bit and even took them to Vegas with DH & I on our trip a few months ago. They are so comfy! For the record, there is no rubbing on the suede. I think the lighting makes them look that way.

Madame Butterfly Pump in Black Suede with 85mm heels.

Black11.jpg

Black7.jpg

Black4.jpg

Black9.jpg

Black5.jpg

Black3.jpg

You've seen them in black. It was love at first wear, so I had to have them in brown. Here are the Madame Butterfly Pumps in Brown Suede with 85mm heels. For some reason, I haven't worn these yet. I really need to rectify that situation.

Brown14.jpg

Brown15.jpg

Brown16.jpg

Brown18.jpg

Brown11.jpg

Brown12.jpg

Brown13.jpg

This pair and the next came around the same time. Don't ask me what I was thinking, because I obviously was not. This pair, for some reason, called to me. I haven't worn them out of the house yet. The angle of the arch isn't too bad, but the thick platform makes them difficult to walk in, so for now, they are house shoes.

Here are the Satrinxia.

Sandals3.jpg

Sandals5.jpg

Sandals4.jpg

Sandals6.jpg

Sandals2.jpg

Sandals1.jpg

A classic flat, which is still causing my left foot grief, came into my closet at the same time. I have tried the sock trick and tried using a stretcher (for the width across the base of the toes). They are going to the cobbler tomorrow, because I really want to have them be comfortable.

Penny Girl.

PG4.jpg

PG6.jpg

PG5.jpg

PG7.jpg

PG2.jpg

PG3.jpg

PG1.jpg