Battle with myself

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't know what's wrong with me. I often go through phases where I feel lonely, empty and hollow, as if I have no one to talk to. During those phases I feel lonely when I'm alone, yet also lonely when I'm surrounded by a person or people in general. Nothing can give me relief. I don't want to talk to friends about it because that's just the type of person I am...what should I do...? Everything is bottling up inside of me and I feel that I'm going to burst soon.

2. I know what you mean, but I don't know how to help :hugs:

3. I know what you mean too. I wish we could bottle our good feelings and happy times and pull them out when we feel down :sad:

4. Have you thought about getting a pet? Or volunteering at an animal shelter? Sometimes a hug from a warm furry animal can jumpstart the happier feelings. (They have life-affirming energy too.)

5. coke, I can relate to these feelings too :hugs:

Do you notice a pattern? Do these feelings seem to come around the same time of year? I know that I always feel this way about a week in September and October. I never understood why until I really thought about it: My Grammy's birthday is in September and she died in October. Around those times I always feel empty. I guess it was my subconcious that reminded me of those times.

If you don't want to talk to your friends / family / a pastor / counselor, you can always come here to talk about your feelings. I know it's not the same, but it's comforting to know that you have some sort of outlet.

6. Please open up to someone, even if it's a doctor. I felt like that for years and finally reached out for help last year. I'm so glad I did, I feel so much better. I still have 'down' days but they're not as 'down' as before. There's help out there, you are worth it and deserve it, please ask for it. Also come here to vent and talk. You aren't alone, we are here for you.:flowers:

7. I'm so sorry dear. I hope this passes. Have you noticed triggers? Have you tried exercise?

8. You mentioned that you think that this is just the type of person you are, so have you always felt this way? I mean, have you always felt lonely, empty, and hollow or was there a time when you experienced happiness, fulfillment, etc.? Is it possible that instead of your feelings just being a part of who you are, that perhaps they are associated with depression? If they are, you don't have to feel that way and you should seek help by speaking with your doctor.