Battle of the Shoulder Bags (LV vs. YSL vs. Gucci)

magreen0703

May 16, 2016
Hi TPF Family!

It's a very gloomy day here and I am terribly bored at the office so I'm taking a straw poll. I'm looking to purchase one (possibly two) designer shoulder bags on an upcoming trip. I've narrowed it down to the following:

- Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis in regular monogram canvas

- YSL Classic Large Kate Monogram in black

- Gucci Dionysus in the classic taupe monogram (the largest size)

I know these are widely different but I was wondering if any of you guys have a couple (or all) of these bags and can give pros and cons. I'm also opening this up to opinions!

For reference I am big bag kind of gal! That is why I'm looking to have a small(-ish) shoulder bag that I can take out on quick errands, on trips, or on nights out with friends or the hubby. I would prefer something that can be dressed down. However I also need a bag that glam'd up since I really don't have a clutch or anything for formal events. (I learned the hard way this past holiday season [emoji20])

Again, I might pick up more than 1 bag (since I doubt any one of the above could cover all the things I'm looking for.)

What are you thoughts on the above bags?

...and

What are your top 2 choice between the 3 (in order please) [emoji16]

Hi TPF Family!

It's a very gloomy day here and I am terribly bored at the office so I'm taking a straw poll. I'm looking to purchase one (possibly two) designer shoulder bags on an upcoming trip. I've narrowed it down to the following:

I know these are widely different but I was wondering if any of you guys have a couple (or all) of these bags and can give pros and cons. I'm also opening this up to opinions!

For reference I am big bag kind of gal! That is why I'm looking to have a small(-ish) shoulder bag that I can take out on quick errands, on trips, or on nights out with friends or the hubby. I would prefer something that can be dressed down. However I also need a bag that glam'd up since I really don't have a clutch or anything for formal events. (I learned the hard way this past holiday season [emoji20])

Again, I might pick up more than 1 bag (since I doubt any one of the above could cover all the things I'm looking for.)

...and

I would go for:

The Dionysus first, then the LV PM. However I'd go for the LV PM first if it was the empreinte version.

Like you I've been very tempted by the Dionysus as well, I love the look of the mini blooms! It looks more flowery than the larger versions, but I just can't justify another small bag at the moment when nights out seldom occur since starting a family.

Good luck with your decision!

Hi TPF Family!

...and

Gucci and LV
I find the gucci dionysus bags very glamorous. I also like the Pochette Metis to be very stylish and a bit more businesswomany

Thanks @j19 [emoji4] I watched a couple unboxing and WIMB videos last night. I think I'm also considering the YSL College since the dude suits me a bit more. Not sure how I feel about how "squishy" it will get though [emoji53]

Reactions: j19
Love the Gucci Dionysus. I believe it fits what you're looking for in terms of a bag for quick trips and nights out with hubby and friends. It would look great for formal events. YSL Kate would also be great for formal events. It's a nice bag but I prefer the Gucci more. Pochette Metis I think would be a little too casual for formal events. I also keep hearing about quality issues such as glazing, canvas, etc. So that might be a con.

Love the Gucci Dionysus. I believe it fits what you're looking for in terms of a bag for quick trips and nights out with hubby and friends. It would look great for formal events. YSL Kate would also be great for formal events. It's a nice bag but I prefer the Gucci more. Pochette Metis I think would be a little too casual for formal events. I also keep hearing about quality issues such as glazing, canvas, etc. So that might be a con.

Thanks for your input [emoji5] I agree that the PM is a little too casual but I still like it. Sad to hear that there are quality issues with them though.

Also surprised/ sad to hear that YSL has some quality issues as well [emoji15] Very glad that I started this topic because I never would have guessed!