Battle of the reds- YSL muse or celine edge? Please help!

Celine edge vs YSL large muse

• Celine edge

• YSL muse

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mellee

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Hi guys,

I've been wanting to add a red bag to my collection for a loooong time. What do you think about the new Celine edge bag versus the YSL large muse? Both bags are similar in size and can be carried via hand, arm crook, or shoulder. Your opinions are greatly appreciated! I copied the picture of the edge from a thread in the celine forum- hope that's ok!

Celine-Edge-Red.jpg
red muse.jpg

Hi guys,

I've been wanting to add a red bag to my collection for a loooong time. What do you think about the new Celine edge bag versus the YSL large muse? Both bags are similar in size and can be carried via hand, arm crook, or shoulder. Your opinions are greatly appreciated! I copied the picture of the edge from a thread in the celine forum- hope that's ok!

View attachment 2045254
View attachment 2045255

If this were me, I would choose the Celine Edge bag in red. That is so amazing! The contemporary feel with clean lines just screams exceptional to me.

Of course, you are the one that will be enjoying it everyday! So, which one really speaks to you and gets you excited when you look at it? Then, I think you will know your choice!

Ohhhh, I love this question, this might get my vote for favorite thread! It's no secret I LOVE red, it's my favorite, and I am partial to YSL, however I love the structure of that Celine. Also, you should consider what type of handbag you want. I think the YSL is more everyday where the Celine is not. Lol, the torture, any chance you can get both? It's a win either way! Enjoy!!

Ohhhh, I love this question, this might get my vote for favorite thread! It's no secret I LOVE red, it's my favorite, and I am partial to YSL, however I love the structure of that Celine. Also, you should consider what type of handbag you want. I think the YSL is more everyday where the Celine is not. Lol, the torture, any chance you can get both? It's a win either way! Enjoy!!

just like I would answer :biggrin: I personally like not structured bags, so Muse would be my choice for me, but I keep coming back to check this beautiful Celine, I do not know your style, so it is hard to suggest...but Celine's red shade is stunning

Thanks to everyone who responded so far. Wow this is interesting...it seems like the vote is pretty unanimous for the Celine! That makes the decision much easier for me :biggrin: I would love to hear more opinions so please keep them coming!

Fashion16- The red cabas chyc is beautiful but I already have it in burgundy

vesna- my style is pretty casual on weekends- usually skinny jeans and a casual top, but I love to dress up when the occasion arises. I want my bag collection to be varied so I'm covered for all occasions! My bag collection thus far consists of 3 chanel flaps, a balenciaga giant city, a chloe paraty, a celine mini luggage, a givenchy nightingale, and the YSL chyc cabas.

Thanks to everyone who responded so far. Wow this is interesting...it seems like the vote is pretty unanimous for the Celine! That makes the decision much easier for me :biggrin: I would love to hear more opinions so please keep them coming!

Fashion16- The red cabas chyc is beautiful but I already have it in burgundy

vesna- my style is pretty casual on weekends- usually skinny jeans and a casual top, but I love to dress up when the occasion arises. I want my bag collection to be varied so I'm covered for all occasions! My bag collection thus far consists of 3 chanel flaps, a balenciaga giant city, a chloe paraty, a celine mini luggage, a givenchy nightingale, and the YSL chyc cabas.

wooooooooooooooooooooow..this is such an impressive collection....would you mind making an album one day when you feel like introducing your collection to tPF..I would very much like to see it

I am still thinking, thinking

OK, how about this:

1. Celine is a WOW bag but not for every day; Muse, you might find yourself grabbing it every time you think "which one to take?" even if you go from day to evening without changing...for those special evenings you already have Chanels

2. aging..I honestly do not know Celine, but I know buttery YSL leather which looks better with every wear. Apple conditioner smooths nail scratches and the leather always shows unimaginable beautiful natural shine I have not seen in other leathers no matter how beautiful design might be, Muse leather is a head turner (mind you I have not seen this Celine IRL), I do not like smooth, rigid boxy leather, that is why Muse was always amazing me...it is a shaped bag, it is smooth, but buttery soft leather in real life so beautiful

3. red is tricky in both cases regarding rubbing off on the corners, however I found some amazing wooly and tarrago creams which resolve that (advice from Hermes forum)

I did vote for Celine because of contemporary unusual yet classic beauty which I believe will stand out even far in the future, stunning colour etc etc, but secretly I myself would get the Muse

I had gone in the past with such beauties like Celine's bag, I had amazing \balenciagas (non moto styles, two crazy beautiful and only Balenciaga-can-do unusual designs, expensive, luxurious, wow looking...I just did not reach for them that often and ended up selling after several years of using just a little

Muse (black I have) is my standard bag, even if I do not use it too often because I have oversize, it had never crossed my mind to sell it, and always reach for it when I wish to be extra elegant at work going to evening dinner

wow, look how much I wrote, you really got us thinking here :biggrin:

wooooooooooooooooooooow..this is such an impressive collection....would you mind making an album one day when you feel like introducing your collection to tPF..I would very much like to see it

OK, how about this:

1. Celine is a WOW bag but not for every day; Muse, you might find yourself grabbing it every time you think "which one to take?" even if you go from day to evening without changing...for those special evenings you already have Chanels

2. aging..I honestly do not know Celine, but I know buttery YSL leather which looks better with every wear. Apple conditioner smooths nail scratches and the leather always shows unimaginable beautiful natural shine I have not seen in other leathers no matter how beautiful design might be, Muse leather is a head turner (mind you I have not seen this Celine IRL), I do not like smooth, rigid boxy leather, that is why Muse was always amazing me...it is a shaped bag, it is smooth, but buttery soft leather in real life so beautiful

3. red is tricky in both cases regarding rubbing off on the corners, however I found some amazing wooly and tarrago creams which resolve that (advice from Hermes forum)

I did vote for Celine because of contemporary unusual yet classic beauty which I believe will stand out even far in the future, stunning colour etc etc, but secretly I myself would get the Muse

I had gone in the past with such beauties like Celine's bag, I had amazing \balenciagas (non moto styles, two crazy beautiful and only Balenciaga-can-do unusual designs, expensive, luxurious, wow looking...I just did not reach for them that often and ended up selling after several years of using just a little

Muse (black I have) is my standard bag, even if I do not use it too often because I have oversize, it had never crossed my mind to sell it, and always reach for it when I wish to be extra elegant at work going to evening dinner

Awww thank you so much for the kind words! I have been planning to do a collection post for a long time but then I get derailed because I start thinking, "well, I love seeing modeling pics, so I should add a modeling pic of each bag." And then it becomes, "well, I love seeing outfit posts, so I should coordinate a different outfit post with each modeling pic..." and then "I need to clean the clutter from my room so that my modeling posts look nice!" And then it grows into this huge labor intensive task that overwhelms me, couch potato that I am lol! But I will definitely try to add one within the next few weeks! And thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful post! I have a lot to think about!

I have fondled the Edge and it is divine!!! I would carry it over a Muse anyday and forever.

That's my vote :smile:

And sometime after you get an Edge, maybe you should consider a Givenchy Antigona :graucho:

I have fondled the Edge and it is divine!!! I would carry it over a Muse anyday and forever.

That's my vote :smile:

And sometime after you get an Edge, maybe you should consider a Givenchy Antigona :graucho:

You must have read my mind- the Givenchy antigona is on my wishlist! I'm allowed 2 bags per year, and the antigona just may be my other purchase of 2013...I'm undecided between the antigona or a PS1- but that's a whole other story LOL

You must have read my mind- the Givenchy antigona is on my wishlist! I'm allowed 2 bags per year, and the antigona just may be my other purchase of 2013...I'm undecided between the antigona or a PS1- but that's a whole other story LOL

Um, there is no competition - the antigona all the way! Besides, I've read about problems with PS quality.

Let's be honest, you love a structured bag that's fierce! You know you want to follow up an Edge with the antigona. (play crappy music used to hypnotize people in old movies) ;)

My mention of the antigona was simply based on your current collection as it stands. I do think that both the edge and antigona would be worthy additions as you already have some fab pieces.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever you choose. I'm sure it'll be fabulous.

OK, how about this:

Hi Vesna! Your comment motivated me to finally pull out my bags and do a collection post. I hope you like it! You can check it out here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/your-bag-showcase/my-collection-mod-pics-801284.html