Battle of the pythons--see my pics!

To Sclisa-
I saw a python in the Chanel store in Waikiki. Its is similar in shape to the bronze one but more of a silver gray color. It was $6000. You could try and contact them. I don't have the number off hand but you could check for it in the Chanel web site, store locator.

Battle 1 - Keep the Green!!!!1

Battle 2 - I love the baby blue, and don't find it juvenille at all. I would love to have a bag like that, and I am getting up there in age.

Larkie: Another vote for the bronze tote!!! It's just stunning.

Re: the blue e/w - It's not the style that is not the keeper. When I had it, I found it very difficult to match to wardrobe pieces. It went well with your Missoni sweater but if that's about all it goes with, let it go if it provides the means to the croc/gator bag.

For other members who are loving the blue bag is not pale blue and it's not quite turquoise either.

Hi Larkie,

Here's another solution for your consideration: ditch all the pythons except the bronze tote, and get the alligator flap. Because you have issues about possible balding scales with the green tote, squished sides for the red, and with the blue you clearly have second thoughts and already have another blue flap of similar shade. These bags are expensive, so if they're not 100% going for you, maybe that's a sign that they are not keepers.

The bronze tote is absolutely gorgeous, you wear it incredibly well and it is in perfect condition....this one's a keeper. If you are in love with the bronze flap then keep it too, but it's the same color as the tote, and in the interest of stretching the dollar, I'm thinking perhaps the alligator flap can take the place of the bronze python flap in your heart?

Gosh Larkie- no help here I like it all! But if I "had" to choose, I would keep the green. I remember u saying in another thread that u got the baby blue flap for < $2000! So I would keep it bc u will never see that price again. And selling 2 bags isn't going 2 fund ur HG aligator jumbo, unless u sell 3 and no more purses until 2008, then I can c u justifying the HG! Sorry, I probably wasn't any help! Good luck and jeep us posted!

hi ladies! so i woke up feeling very remorseful for posting last night. i sounded like a spoiled brat! i know i am a lucky girl and i did not mean to come across as thinking these gorgeous pythons are not good enough. frankly i don't know i deserve these material things most of the time but i think that alligator bag just got under my skin. so i'm very sorry if i sounded like some ingrate who felt entitled to anything:shame:.

but anyhooo, here are pics i took this morning of the green tote...i wonder if the metallic tote just doesn't show as much b/c it is all one color so all the imperfections just blend in and that gives the illusion of uniformity. DH reminded me that those on the green tote are the very imperfections that i love about exotic skin (and baroque pearls) so he didn't think i should be so ocd about a few goofy scales. but you can see for yourself what i mean here:

grtotepatch2.jpg

grtotepatch1.jpg

grtotepatch3.jpg

those are just a few examples...there are quite a few spots like that throughout the tote. but in the daylight it is a magnificent looking bag. everything unique about the python skin cannot be captured in an all metallic bag--which while is gorgeous in a different way--that shows no variation in the skin. but at night the bronze python is definitely more eye catching.

here are some modelling pics of both totes:

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

imho, the imperfections on the green python make her even more fabulous and au naturale... i prefer the green one b/c of the natural look and color of the python... i have a grey python silverado and the color of the python is fabuleux... with cream grey and black tones... ;)

:tup::wlae: The green one is so spectactularly unique. I could see that being used many years from now and being oooohed and aaaahed at in a timeless kind of way. While I love the metallic colors, I think they are a trend that will come and go in time. I would put my greatest investment into a bag that will still stop me ( and others) in their tracks many years from now. If you keep the smaller flap,too, then you have the best of both worlds.;)

:tup::wlae: The green one is so spectactularly unique. I could see that being used many years from now and being oooohed and aaaahed at in a timeless kind of way. While I love the metallic colors, I think they are a trend that will come and go in time. I would put my greatest investment into a bag that will still stop me ( and others) in their tracks many years from now. If you keep the smaller flap,too, then you have the best of both worlds.;)

^Well said! It is exactly what I am thinking.

PS I love the "imperfections" in my python flap. I promise I'll snap some pics soon.

ITA with this! I'd keep the green tote and bronze flap!

i was leaning toward the green tote from the beginning (the solid bronze color is less interesting on the large tote than on a smaller bag, IMO), but the modeling pics sealed the deal: GREEN! i love the colors, that it's more matte and the size. the green is just more special and you seem to be a lady who choses bags because they make your heart beat faster. as for the funky scales, so long as they're not downright defective, i like the variation.

I would keep the green python tote if you are keeping the bronze flap (which is fabulous!) Although it is not an exotic piece, I think your khaki baby cabas could definitely be a nice alternative to the bronze tote. Like your red python, the blue flap is cute and adds a nice splash of color to the mix. So I think it's a keeper! :yes: