Battle of the Hermes Mules

akakai

O.G.
Apr 28, 2011
Summer is upon us! I've been eyeing Hermès mules for a long time! Looks wise, I think the OZ Mules are just perfection. But I've been hearing from others the fit for Oz Mules are not the best (tend to slip off easily while walking). Is this true? How do they compare to tangeria or Rivoli mules?

My feet are not too wide or narrow and I'm looking for shoes that are easy to wear and comfortable for long walks. Any recommendations are really appreciated!!!

Summer is upon us! I've been eyeing Hermès mules for a long time! Looks wise, I think the OZ Mules are just perfection. But I've been hearing from others the fit for Oz Mules are not the best (tend to slip off easily while walking). Is this true? How do they compare to tangeria or Rivoli mules?

My feet are not too wide or narrow and I'm looking for shoes that are easy to wear and comfortable for long walks. Any recommendations are really appreciated!!!
Not the OZ mules. The underside in the shoe is made in this rough canvas type material that will hurt to wear in the long run. It rips me a new layer of skin every time i wear it. Maybe I’m doing it wrong? Maybe there is special tape/glue that would make that softer. But it’s a hard pass for me.

Rivoli’s are very comfortable. And so are the paradis if you want a little height. Super comfy!

Tangeria mules are a no for me. I wanted To love them so much. Then Tried them on.... the design makes it so the pointy part of the horses ear stabs you everytime you take a step. I tried bending the ear a little.. to no avail. It just continued to keep stabbing at me :crybaby::tdown:

Not the OZ mules. The underside in the shoe is made in this rough canvas type material that will hurt to wear in the long run. It rips me a new layer of skin every time i wear it. Maybe I’m doing it wrong? Maybe there is special tape/glue that would make that softer. But it’s a hard pass for me.

Rivoli’s are very comfortable. And so are the paradis if you want a little height. Super comfy!

Tangeria mules are a no for me. I wanted To love them so much. Then Tried them on.... the design makes it so the pointy part of the horses ear stabs you everytime you take a step. I tried bending the ear a little.. to no avail. It just continued to keep stabbing at me :crybaby::tdown:

That's such a shame, they look so beautiful

I only have the OZ and it is very comfortable for me. I didn't need to break it in at all. I use a ball of foot insole that keeps it from sliding and also keeps my feet from rubbing on the canvas lining.

Maybe try using an insole/insert for your OZ? I use one on mine and they're super comfortable.

I only have the OZ and it is very comfortable for me. I didn't need to break it in at all. I use a ball of foot insole that keeps it from sliding and also keeps my feet from rubbing on the canvas lining.

What is the make of those insoles? I have tried the little half-footsie things, they'e OK but they only last one wear.

Reactions: GoldFish8
Sorry to be personal but do you have high or low insteps (totally in love with this slipper)
Lol no worries. You had me analytically checking out my foot just right now. I’ve never thought about whether i had a high or low instep. I think my instep is on the normal to low side. But i do Have “flatter” feet. So i dont Have much of an arch. My feet are definitely on the bonier side, but my toe area is wider. So wide feet, flat, and average instep. Lol my feet sound terrible :giggle:

For reference the Gucci mules fit very comfortable on the looser side in my normal size (38). The paradise mules fit great in size 38, but also on the looser side around the ankle but more snug in the toe area as I have a wide toe area.

Hope that helps! If you are close to a store please go try! It is such a beautiful simple mule i wanted Sooo bad to buy it. But i just couldn’t. It is always a possibility the one I tried was extra sharp?

Reactions: papertiger
Oooh id love to start using mine what kind of insert? It’s the top part that rubs on the top of my toes that bothers me. Do they make inserts for the top?
Oh those ones I am referring to are for the foot bed. However, (might be off topic already), I do have another shoes with the same issue (rubs on the top of my toes) and I stuck some moleskin on the shoe where it touches the top of my toes and they don't rub anymore.

Reactions: GoldFish8
Lol no worries. You had me analytically checking out my foot just right now. I’ve never thought about whether i had a high or low instep. I think my instep is on the normal to low side. But i do Have “flatter” feet. So i dont Have much of an arch. My feet are definitely on the bonier side, but my toe area is wider. So wide feet, flat, and average instep. Lol my feet sound terrible :giggle:

For reference the Gucci mules fit very comfortable on the looser side in my normal size (38). The paradise mules fit great in size 38, but also on the looser side around the ankle but more snug in the toe area as I have a wide toe area.

Hope that helps! If you are close to a store please go try! It is such a beautiful simple mule i wanted Sooo bad to buy it. But i just couldn’t. It is always a possibility the one I tried was extra sharp?

I have a fairly hight insteps so my feet may hold the ears up LOL, I shall try.

You were quite right, the worst thing I can think of is being stabbed by my shoes as I walk, however pretty. I would go mad