Battle of the Deauville’s

Fem1014

May 24, 2014
Hello all. I recently purchased both the charcoal and leather deauville’s and am debating whether to keep both. I absolutely love the look and vibe from the charcoal deauville. It’s s great care free bag. The leather is also a great bag. The look however of leather and studs has me in a quandary as I think it’s way too casual for work and with the studs it’s screams Chanel. Since I have the charcoal deauville I am wondering if I should keep both. Since they are the same bag wondering if I should return the leather and purchase another bag and if I do would I regret it. Would appreciate anyone’s thoughts. TIA IMG_1518750648.577077.jpgIMG_1518750660.454861.jpg

I have the charcoal as well and love it!
I have 3 Deauvilles (all In the grey family) & I wasn't really into this black one, so it was an easy pass for me personally.
I also didn't care for the silver studs & the leather seems a bit stiff for my taste. But overall it looks great on all the ladies I've seen carrying it!

Reactions: Kendie26
Personally, I prefer the casualness of the charcoal one. It just has a nice easy feel to it. The leather, while nice, is a little too stiff looking & in-your-face for my liking. But it's def. your taste & preference that matters!

Reactions: Kendie26
I prefer the charcoal Deauville, I don’t really get the leather versions of this bag, it just looks off somehow and agree with others the studs look a bit naff. I would personally keep the charcoal and return the leather in exchange for a quilted Chanel tote if you wanted to use it for work as it’d be a bit more smart.

To me the leather deauville looks like someone knocking off Chanel.

Reactions: kate2828
As you mentioned, the leather one does scream Chanel (a little too much to me :P) and it's the same size as the charcoal, so perhaps it might be better to exchange the leather deauville for another bag if you are unsure about the leather one

Hello all. I recently purchased both the charcoal and leather deauville’s and am debating whether to keep both. I absolutely love the look and vibe from the charcoal deauville. It’s s great care free bag. The leather is also a great bag. The look however of leather and studs has me in a quandary as I think it’s way too casual for work and with the studs it’s screams Chanel. Since I have the charcoal deauville I am wondering if I should keep both. Since they are the same bag wondering if I should return the leather and purchase another bag and if I do would I regret it. Would appreciate anyone’s thoughts. TIA View attachment 3969951View attachment 3969952
I’m with several of the other lovelies here in that I prefer the charcoal version. Best of luck deciding!! Looks lovely one you!

Hello all. I recently purchased both the charcoal and leather deauville’s and am debating whether to keep both. I absolutely love the look and vibe from the charcoal deauville. It’s s great care free bag. The leather is also a great bag. The look however of leather and studs has me in a quandary as I think it’s way too casual for work and with the studs it’s screams Chanel. Since I have the charcoal deauville I am wondering if I should keep both. Since they are the same bag wondering if I should return the leather and purchase another bag and if I do would I regret it. Would appreciate anyone’s thoughts. TIA View attachment 3969951View attachment 3969952

I have not seen the leather bag irl. I initially lusted after after this. I own the all black leather version from 2017. That version is soft an yummy with Chanel embossed in black. My initial thoughts about the bag with the studs were: strictly novelty and I would get tired of this version. Is this bag heavy? Also it was a little more structured and I think the logo, which does scream Chanel may get tiresome. Where does your “heart” to go? Good luck on your decision.

I prefer the charcoal one too the leather one looks tacky with the studs it reminds of when jeans and the denim jackets were studded all over. My friend has the charcoal one which I’m in love with, it is classic and will be around for years to come. I wish I could get the charcoal or light grey one but I’m on ban island forever. But it all boils down to personal taste.

I love the charcoal one. I hear that the leather Deauville looks absolutely amazing in person and it doesn't look as garish as some people think in pictures. My vote is for the charcoal. I wish I could find some use for the Deauville but it's not for my lifestyle.

I have the black small leather one I think it looks fabulous with chic outfit. However this one does look a bit too big and structured on you. If I were you I will keep the charcoal one, but for myself I will keep the black leather one.