• Clemence

• Swift

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 15, 2009
Hi Jypsiere experts,
Which leather do you prefer? And why?

1 Clemence
2 Swift

I'm having a hard time deciding! (I have time to decide until January)

I love the look of Swift and the fact that it is a light weight leather. But I plan to use Jypsiere 28 for Travel and I don't plan to baby this bag.

-Is it ok to not baby Jypsiere in Swift when you use? eg.. put it on the plane floor, DS open and close my bag offen(when sightseeing, travelling)
-I can't do heavy bag, is Jypsiere 28 heavy in Clemence?

thanks guys!

Ah, I don't think Jypsy 28 is Clemence would be that heavy. What colours are you considering? Swift takes colours better like oline182 already said and you don't have to baby it, it's quite durable, but I think Clemence is more "heavy duty."

I would get Clemence for a Jypsiere because this is more of a casual bag, better suited for Clemence. You have to be more careful with Swift. I would get Swift for a bag I didn't use every day.

Reactions: mocktail
^ agree. Clemence is more durable.
Just a thought, I'm not sure how you feel about the Evelyne, but if you're concerned about weight, this is the cross body travel bag to get. Loads lighter than the Jyp. I'm very sensitive to bag weight and recently did 2 weeks in Europe. When I travel, I REALLY notice the weight of my bags.
Good luck!

Just a thought, I'm not sure how you feel about the Evelyne, but if you're concerned about weight, this is the cross body travel bag to get. Loads lighter than the Jyp. I'm very sensitive to bag weight and recently did 2 weeks in Europe. When I travel, I REALLY notice the weight of my bags.
Good luck!

i agree with this! the jypsiere is a heavy bag, and the evelyne is very easy to get in/out of.

if you are set on a jypsiere, i think clemence is the way to go, as swift tends to scuff more easily. clemence is about as low-maintenance and worry-free as it gets!

Good luck!

i agree with this! the jypsiere is a heavy bag, and the evelyne is very easy to get in/out of.

if you are set on a jypsiere, i think clemence is the way to go, as swift tends to scuff more easily. clemence is about as low-maintenance and worry-free as it gets!

totally agree with Greentea and BHmommy here....i don't own a jypsiere but i have an evelyne in clemence and a kelly in swift...the evelyne is durable and great for travelling and is still looks as new even after frequent heavy use, especially during travelling....swift is way more delicate than clemence and i would not subject any of my swift bags to the heavy use that i do with my clemence bags...

Actually the jypsiere 28 is NOT heavy at all. The Evelyn carries more but since the weight all falls to the bottom and the strap is long, it's not comfy. Now back to your question: Swift is not durable for this bag. There are no feet so the scuffing and rubbing will be significant even if babied. Go clemence. Colors are pretty too in clemence.

Actually the jypsiere 28 is NOT heavy at all. The Evelyn carries more but since the weight all falls to the bottom and the strap is long, it's not comfy. Now back to your question: Swift is not durable for this bag. There are no feet so the scuffing and rubbing will be significant even if babied. Go clemence. Colors are pretty too in clemence.

I agree. I have a Jypsiere 34 in Clemence Raisin and it is not too heavy at all. I had an Evelyne and had the same problem described by hermesmonkey.

Jypsiere has been a go-to bag in my life lately and it's breezy and convenient. For practicality and convenience with kids, Clemence is a better overall leather. Colour-wise, Swift is still a winner.

Thanks everyone I do agree that color is prettier in Swift and Clemence is more heavy duty.

I have never seen this bag in real life. I love the look of this bag but I have no clue how much it weight. My SA will order one in color and leather that I want in January. I asked for Graphite in Swift. (I still a month to decide, if I want to change it to Clemence)

Ah, I don't think Jypsy 28 is Clemence would be that heavy. What colours are you considering? Swift takes colours better like oline182 already said and you don't have to baby it, it's quite durable, but I think Clemence is more "heavy duty."
Thanks Lucywife. Do you enjoy using your Prune Swift?

I have both in sz 26 cm.I prefer Swift...it's lighter n the colors is nicer.I think it expands more than clemence,so will hold lots more things than clemence.
Thanks birkinglover. Wow, you have both leather in the same size. What color are they?

totally agree with Greentea and BHmommy here....i don't own a jypsiere but i have an evelyne in clemence and a kelly in swift...the evelyne is durable and great for travelling and is still looks as new even after frequent heavy use, especially during travelling....swift is way more delicate than clemence and i would not subject any of my swift bags to the heavy use that i do with my clemence bags...
I have Evelyne III PM and I find it friendly user too