BATTLE of BAGS - JUMBO vs GST! Come and join

Black Caviar Jumbo Flap or Black Caviar GST?

• Black Caviar Jumbo Flap SHW

• Black Caviar GST SHW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another vote for the jumbo. I love the GST but there's nothing like the jumbos 😍😍. The GST is a nice bag, but it kind of looses its square after a while. Plus, you will want a jumbo even after you purchase a GST...been there done that ;)

good luck deciding!

Looking at your current collection you do seem to have Totes very well covered.
And I have both the Jumbo and GST.
I love the Jumbo but there are a couple of things to consider:

The Jumbo:
1. It does get very heavy when you have things in it and the chains do cut in to your shoulders.
2. It is not always nice getting in to it due to the double flap, it can be a pain sometimes.
3. You are still limited a little bit what you can carry in it due to its design as much of the space is taken up with the "inside flap".
4. The jumbo is awkward to take to events like dinners and such as it is hard to balance on my knee.
I personally find this bag too heavy to carry for a full day trip (and I am not a petite person)

The GST:
In some ways it is easier to get on with -
1. the Shoulder pads on the chains makes it comfortable to wear.
2. Easy access
3. You can fit more in it.

I think both a beautiful bags and here in Australia there is a BIG difference in price between the two - by about $3,800 (so the GST is half the price of Jumbo) -
you really have to work out if you can justify the cost per use?

I try to consider that - how many times will I use this bag to justify the cost??????

My most used Chanel is my WOC & the GST is great - the M/L flap is a lovely option too as it is more formal and you can use it from day to night.

Really you have to work out what is best for you & where you are going to take it - but either one is beautiful x

Jumbo for space and aesthetics - as others have said it is a heavy bag. The chains alone are very substantial and you can feel the quality. Regarding quality it's hit or miss, it's best if you can pick the bag at a boutique or see close pictures online. Most SA's know there is an inconsistency in quality so don't hesitate to say you want to see another bag or have another shipped to you.
I have the GST as well and it's more casual / utilitarian - maybe with your LV collection you feel covered in that area - yes?
I have ordered a m/l and it should be here next week. I am very excited to be able to add glasses, as thats something I miss with WOC.
As the wonderful tutu says... Chanel is a slippery slope. We await your reveal! Good luck.

Jumbo all the way!

I did a reveal recently with mod shots: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/instant-reveal-my-first-classic-886766.html

I am only 5 feet tall and the Jumbo doesn't look large on me at all.

I got a pre-owned Single Flap in excellent condition from a reputable consignor. It still costs significantly more than a brand-new GST but a lot less than a brand-new double Jumbo. I heard that for every day use a single flap may be a better option because it is lighter and easy to get in and out of.

Thank you Catash! Your post helped me a lot :woohoo:
(Also the information about the single flap !!)

Looking at your current collection you do seem to have Totes very well covered.
And I have both the Jumbo and GST.
I love the Jumbo but there are a couple of things to consider:

The Jumbo:
1. It does get very heavy when you have things in it and the chains do cut in to your shoulders.
2. It is not always nice getting in to it due to the double flap, it can be a pain sometimes.
3. You are still limited a little bit what you can carry in it due to its design as much of the space is taken up with the "inside flap".
4. The jumbo is awkward to take to events like dinners and such as it is hard to balance on my knee.
I personally find this bag too heavy to carry for a full day trip (and I am not a petite person)

The GST:
In some ways it is easier to get on with -
1. the Shoulder pads on the chains makes it comfortable to wear.
2. Easy access
3. You can fit more in it.

I think both a beautiful bags and here in Australia there is a BIG difference in price between the two - by about $3,800 (so the GST is half the price of Jumbo) -
you really have to work out if you can justify the cost per use?

I try to consider that - how many times will I use this bag to justify the cost??????

My most used Chanel is my WOC & the GST is great - the M/L flap is a lovely option too as it is more formal and you can use it from day to night.

Really you have to work out what is best for you & where you are going to take it - but either one is beautiful x

Thank you for your detailed information! All good to know! And good question "how many times will I use this bag to justify the cost".... I have to work out that fact!

I compared the M/L to my WOC and for me there is not much difference.
If I spend that much money on a bag it should offer much more space than the WOC.

:ty::tpfrox: THANK YOU ALL for your opinion and advice!

I think keep my eyes open for a pre-loved Single Flap (just to see and try if I like it and if its a option for me) and also for a pre-loved Jumbo in good condition.

I will also go to a Chanel Boutique and try the GST and the Jumbo once again and make photos to compare at home.

When I find a pre-loved bag I will be happy - If not I think I'll probably buy a new Jumbo.

I know me... even when I first buy the GST - I won't stop dreaming about the Jumbo...grrrr

And then I will sell my Louis Vuitton Totes and buy a GST :lolots:

Hello ladies I dont know if its a rumours or its going to be true that Chanel wants to discontinue the GST This lovely bag it has been in my wishing list for a qiuite sometime so my problem is shall I get first the GST or the Jumbo ? As I wanted to buy the jumbo first but if the gst is going to discontinue now I dont know wich one buy first .I got a classic m/l already Could you please advice me on what shall I get first GST or JUMBO silver hrdw or gold hrdw?Thank you very much

Hello ladies I dont know if its a rumours or its going to be true that Chanel wants to discontinue the GST This lovely bag it has been in my wishing list for a qiuite sometime so my problem is shall I get first the GST or the Jumbo ? As I wanted to buy the jumbo first but if the gst is going to discontinue now I dont know wich one buy first .I got a classic m/l already Could you please advice me on what shall I get first GST or JUMBO silver hrdw or gold hrdw?Thank you very much

I'd get the gst first! Lower price point and since you already have ml, gst is a diff style bag. For the hw, that's really a personal preference....I personally like all things ghw...but you should just see what fits your lifestyle more...

I would also buy a GST first... The classic flap is a style Chanel will for sure not discontinue, so get a GST - because if it really will be discontinued you will miss out a hreat bag style... You can buy a jumbo always later...
And you already have a m/l classic flap, so why not go for a different style?

Regarding silver or gold hw: Ask yourself, what fits more with your clothes, jewelry, etc? What hardware has your m/l classic flap?

I, for myself, have only silver hw because it fits way better with all the clothes, earrings, etc I have...