Jumbo all the way!
I did a reveal recently with mod shots: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/instant-reveal-my-first-classic-886766.html
I am only 5 feet tall and the Jumbo doesn't look large on me at all.
I got a pre-owned Single Flap in excellent condition from a reputable consignor. It still costs significantly more than a brand-new GST but a lot less than a brand-new double Jumbo. I heard that for every day use a single flap may be a better option because it is lighter and easy to get in and out of.
Looking at your current collection you do seem to have Totes very well covered.
And I have both the Jumbo and GST.
I love the Jumbo but there are a couple of things to consider:
1. It does get very heavy when you have things in it and the chains do cut in to your shoulders.
2. It is not always nice getting in to it due to the double flap, it can be a pain sometimes.
3. You are still limited a little bit what you can carry in it due to its design as much of the space is taken up with the "inside flap".
4. The jumbo is awkward to take to events like dinners and such as it is hard to balance on my knee.
I personally find this bag too heavy to carry for a full day trip (and I am not a petite person)
In some ways it is easier to get on with -
1. the Shoulder pads on the chains makes it comfortable to wear.
2. Easy access
3. You can fit more in it.
I think both a beautiful bags and here in Australia there is a BIG difference in price between the two - by about $3,800 (so the GST is half the price of Jumbo) -
you really have to work out if you can justify the cost per use?
I try to consider that - how many times will I use this bag to justify the cost??????
My most used Chanel is my WOC & the GST is great - the M/L flap is a lovely option too as it is more formal and you can use it from day to night.
Really you have to work out what is best for you & where you are going to take it - but either one is beautiful x
Hello ladies I dont know if its a rumours or its going to be true that Chanel wants to discontinue the GST This lovely bag it has been in my wishing list for a qiuite sometime so my problem is shall I get first the GST or the Jumbo ? As I wanted to buy the jumbo first but if the gst is going to discontinue now I dont know wich one buy first .I got a classic m/l already Could you please advice me on what shall I get first GST or JUMBO silver hrdw or gold hrdw?Thank you very much