Batignolles Horizontal vs Vavin GM

YPK

O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
I just bought the Batignolles Horizontal recently and love it, although I am also wondering if I should exchange it for the Vavin GM or Luco Tote. Why is there such a price difference, about $200. Is it a lesser LV bag?

I still totally prefer the Batignolles personally, I just prefer it's "character" and details.
Her's some photos . . . the Luco is from eBay.
1st Batignolles Horizontal
2nd is Vavin
3rd is Luco

Attachments

• batignolles.jpg
    batignolles.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 144
  • p10260981_ph_thumb.jpg
    p10260981_ph_thumb.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 163
No, the batignolles is not a lesser LV bag.
The price difference is mainly due to the fact that the Vavin GM and luco tote have more structure (thus, more rigid).

I wonder what it is that gives the Vavin GM and Luco Tote more structure. As we all know, Monogram Series is mostly coated fabric (canvas). My friend tells me her old LV mongrams have leather interiors. Is the fabric interior fairly recent? Thanks for the insight.

YPK said:
I wonder what it is that gives the Vavin GM and Luco Tote more structure. As we all know, Monogram Series is mostly coated fabric (canvas). My friend tells me her old LV mongrams have leather interiors. Is the fabric interior fairly recent? Thanks for the insight.

You're welcome!
I don't know what exact year the fabric interior was introduced. But as for the leather interiors, I wish LV would use more leather interiors for their bags - I think it is very classy.