Batignolles Horizontal - true opinion

charlie2009

Oct 25, 2009
Would everyone please give me their brutally honest opinion on the BH? I sold my BH a few months ago, but when I see other people carrying the BH I kind of regret selling her (needed to fund Artsy MM). I liked how comfortable the BH was and the BH patinas really nicely, especially in Hawaii where it's always sunny! I like Artsy a lot but I miss the comfort and ease of BH. But the price of a new BH seems daunting now, it was $700 back when I first got her but now the BH is $1000 after taxes. I get the impression that people don't like the look of the BH... outdated?

I'm really on the fence. :shrugs:

Definitely need TPF help!

i never was a fan of this bag i must admit. It has no "wow" effect for me. It's sure very practical and lots of people love it, but i would pick a more elegant bag instead (like the Galliera for example). And yes, i think it's outdated, sorry. For me, the new BH is the totally,(and i like the totally!!)but that's just me, the BH has to go IMO...

I tried to be honest, hope i wasn't too rude :smile:

Love the BH.. light weight and holds a ton.... I guess the only down fall is it doenst zip. I dont normally zip my bags but it is nice to have that option when out shopping.

I really like it, but don't love it.

ITA:biggrin: It was my first purse and I used it as my workhorse. It stores a lot and the only downside is the no zipper. Other than that, you have to be careful with the piping coz mine became thinner and worn off (is that the word) after 2 years plus of use.

If you asked me now, for that amount of money, I would definitely choose another purse.