Batignolles Horizontal owners does the lip across the top fray?

Thanks for finally posting a photo.

Yes - mine does that and I have had mine for 2 mos. It has definitely gotten more noticable over time and I use my bag often, weather permitting.

Honestly, I think it is normal -although looking at my bag again, I can see where the frails could bother me too.

I think b/c of the shape of the bag, the flimzinees at the top of the bag (not sturdy like others) is what causes this to take place and gives it character!!!

Thanks for finally posting a photo.

Yes - mine does that and I have had mine for 2 mos. It has definitely gotten more noticable over time and I use my bag often, weather permitting.

Honestly, I think it is normal -although looking at my bag again, I can see where the frails could bother me too.

I think b/c of the shape of the bag, the flimzinees at the top of the bag (not sturdy like others) is what causes this to take place and gives it character!!!

Yes it bothers me too :sad:. I am very careful with my bags and I hate to see any flaws. Oh well at least it is normal, thank you for your reply :smile:

snitch01.jpg

Above is a photo of the Snitch...not sure if you can see the fray in mine or not, this might not be the best photo - but it's there!!!

Yup! I have the same thing and mine was exactly in your bag's condition after a WEEK of using it and now after 5 months (I think I bought it in Sept 2006) the entire ring on top is fraying pretty bad. I just pull the leather and viola! lol all better :biggrin:

PS: my handles are fraying too and so are the tabs that are sewn on the canvas connected to the handle-rings

Yup! I have the same thing and mine was exactly in your bag's condition after a WEEK of using it and now after 5 months (I think I bought it in Sept 2006) the entire ring on top is fraying pretty bad. I just pull the leather and viola! lol all better :biggrin:

PS: my handles are fraying too and so are the tabs that are sewn on the canvas connected to the handle-rings

I have to try that (pulling the leather!). My tabs on the canvas that is connected to the handle rings also are fraying some too :sad: