Bath Salts in the Shower

bernz84

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
Hi all...

I know this is a dumb question, but I was wondering if anyone would know alternatives to bath salt uses...i.e., how to use bath salts in the shower. I tried to google it, but most of sites recommend drawing a bath. I love taking baths, but I don't have access to a bath (unless someone can tell me how to "improvise" a safe and removable bathtub plug...and I'd really rather not resort to that).

If there are other, creative alternatives to use bath salts, I would love to know...thanks! :heart:

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
Since the salts are to soften the water/skin or have mineral properties, I don't know if you would get the same benefits in the shower.

Maybe you could do a foot spa thing with them instead?

bernz84

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
^Argh, I was afraid of that. I really would love to do the bath thing, but I don't have access to a bathtub. :sad:

I will consider doing a scrub or foot spa. Thanks!

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
Somewhere shopping
If the bath salts are aromatherapy then you could use them in the shower because you will still benefit from the smell/aroma. But if they are just regular salts I don't see much benefit.

Also just fyi LUSH used to make shower bomb thingies that are made specifically for the shower. I forgot the actual name of them. You may want to check to see if they still make them

bernz84

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
^Hey, that's really cool! I should definitely try that!

I actually caved in after work and bought a tub stopper at Rite Aid...I didn't realize how cheap they were (less than $3). :shame: I feel silly now...However, I think these ideas are great, esp. since I'm planning to move out and I might be in a place that doesn't have a bathtub.

monstar

O.G.
Dec 25, 2007
If the bath salts are aromatherapy then you could use them in the shower because you will still benefit from the smell/aroma. But if they are just regular salts I don't see much benefit.

Also just fyi LUSH used to make shower bomb thingies that are made specifically for the shower. I forgot the actual name of them. You may want to check to see if they still make them
http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/bath/emotibombs/

yup they're called emotibombs. haven't used them personally but im planning to get some soon

nomorerack

Nov 12, 2010
alternatives are with sugar with olive oil if you have dry skin, and also oaths with refined salt if your skin is oily,..