Base shapers for my speedy idylle fusain...HELP!!

sway0214

Nov 12, 2011
I know there are many threads regarding this subject but I want the most updated info for a base shaper for my Speedy Idylle 30 in fusain I just bought this weekend (YAY!). I know some people put magazines but I wanted something sturdier but not too stiff and structured. I know many have posted about the ones made by hippiegal but I don't like that you have to pin it to the inside. What do you use?

I know there are many threads regarding this subject but I want the most updated info for a base shaper for my Speedy Idylle 30 in fusain I just bought this weekend (YAY!). I know some people put magazines but I wanted something sturdier but not too stiff and structured. I know many have posted about the ones made by hippiegal but I don't like that you have to pin it to the inside. What do you use?

I use the Purse-to-Go jumbo and I really like it. It organizes everything and helps to keep the bag's shape without making the bag look too structured.:smile:

i use a normal base shaper..i bought it in italy..you can find them on ebay!!
..mine is for my speedy 30 damier ebene and it's made of red leather..i love it!!

I bought both the medium and large in the purseket for my speedy 30. I'm having a hard time figuring which one to use. The medium isn't as tall as the large, and only goes around 3 sections of the bag. Plus one section doesn't really lay flat against the side wall. I like the medium because my bag has the fold marks from shipping, and the medium has play room for the bag. It's more squishy but still has a shape. I think it sags just enough to pull the creases out but isn't too saggy.

Now the large purseket, is taller so offers much more support and shape to the bag. It overhangs a side, which I fixed by putting velcro on it so I just velcro it to itself. This size goes all the way around the bag, which I like, and has bigger pockets as well. But it has such a strong support I'm not sure if I like it. If you put the bag on your lap with the medium in, it kinda flows a bit around your leg. With the large not much moves in the bag. I think they both offer great support and are so helpful with the pockets, but I just dunno which one I like better!!! I hope that helps some, if you decide to go with the purseket.

well you can search eBay.com - key in the following

"Nylon Base Shaper Liner for Speedy"

There is a seller who offer a dark brown color and she mention it will fit Idylle

Good Luck

I using poly form bout thickness 10mm, cut it to fit the speedy bottom size and also with fabric cover it as well. it's light weight and my speedy didn't look sag anymore...can try.. ^_^

Here are some pictures, however, I don't have a Speedy. Just giving you an idea of whats out there though :smile: hope it helps!

You know too, the color looks a lot more similar in real life then in a picture for some reason LOL I love it though.

Attachments

• Shaper 1.jpg
    Shaper 1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 252
  • Shaper 2.jpg
    Shaper 2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 253