Barneys NYC

abbyroad

consider it revealed
O.G.
Jan 26, 2006
I posted this at TFS and thought you guys might be interested, as well...

Just popped over to Barneys at lunch. I work right next door and what with the explosion on 62nd street this morning, it was completely tourist-free. Plus when I start to get stressed out about my job, it's nice to go fondle the bbags.

Sooo...they had some non-moto bags on sale. Some shoulder bags with the boobie pockets on the front. Some other shoulder bags with the hook hardware (but somehow different from hook bags). Also a few moto bags: two satin moto bags -- like the clutch with a strap (one lilac, one light blue), some boobie coin purses (apple green and something else) and some shoe bags (light blue and teal). Oh, and lastly there was a bag similar to Kimair's four-pocket bag non-moto, but it was more twiggy-shaped and tan/camel colored. Sorry if my descriptions are confusing...

As for the regular priced bags, I really wanted to try a weekender on because I am obsessed as of two days ago, but all they had was last season's camel and it was really veiny and crunchy so I didn't even bother. As far as the leather, the sapin was gorgeous, as was the grenat, although the grenat was a little shinier. Both were soft and thick, though. The greige was way greyer than I had expected. I don't think I loved it. And I was surprised at the truffle -- it had more red and yellow in it. I thought it was a more mushroom-y brown. Oh, and anyone who is interested in ink -- they had a lot of it left and some rouille, too.

I was just there on Saturday (left yesterday but was staying mid-town so we just missed the explosion). I posted about it but I bought a Truffle City (which they had behind the counter in its dust bag, not sure what was up with that) and I don't see any red or yellow in it. I think the "brown gravy" description fits it well. Still not sure I love it.

Did you see that teal green First? What is the name of that color? I'd kill to have that in a City. Not sure if it's an old color or what (my oh-so helpful SA insisted the color was called GREEN).

Oh, I didn't love the Greige either.

I didn't mean necessarily that it really looked like red or yellow, just that I had expected it to be a very dusty medium brown, and instead it is deeper and brighter than I thought it would be.

I gotcha. I've heard others say that it looks green/yellow. My desk here is a very dark brown (almost black) walnut. When I put it up to that, I do start to see a bit of red.

abbyroad said:
Just popped over to Barneys at lunch. I work right next door and what with the explosion on 62nd street this morning, it was completely tourist-free. Plus when I start to get stressed out about my job, it's nice to go fondle the bbags.

thanks so much for the update girl, isn't that so scarey about the explosion in nyc?!?!...i know someone @ my office who was stuck underground in the subway for 1 & 1/2 hours :hrmm:

Glimmer ...

You won't be finding a TEAL colored bag this season ... that was a couple of seasons ago. You would only find something like that through the forum here or eBay (or a consignment shop if you are really lucky).

Check out this website - http://ateliernaff.blogspot.com/2005/11/balenciaga-color-swatches-by-season.html, as she lists all the colors by Year/Season, so it will give you a good idea of what's current.

abbyroad said:
... some boobie coin purses (apple green and something else) and some shoe bags (light blue and teal) ...

They had BOOBIES!!!! I'm in the hunt for them ... I already have the Apple Green, do you remember the other color?

CeeJay said:
They had BOOBIES!!!! I'm in the hunt for them ... I already have the Apple Green, do you remember the other color?

I'm sorry -- I really can't remember what the other one was. Maybe give them a call? I think they were marked down to $99.

abbyroad said:
I'm sorry -- I really can't remember what the other one was. Maybe give them a call? I think they were marked down to $99.

Okey-dokey ... think I'll call my local S/A and have them 'work' for their commission :graucho: :lol: !!

CeeJay, thanks for that link! My mistake, it wasn't teal--it was definitely the emerald green for S/06 that I saw at Barney's. I don't know why I said teal. In any event, I loved it! I don't care for the First or I would have definitely bought it.

Glimmer said:
CeeJay, thanks for that link! My mistake, it wasn't teal--it was definitely the emerald green for S/06 that I saw at Barney's. I don't know why I said teal. In any event, I loved it! I don't care for the First or I would have definitely bought it.

OMG, somebody's gotta get that emerald first, they're beautiful :greengrin: