Barneys NY Warehouse sale

gheaden

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
I went with my wife for a quick spell. Crowded and the prices on CLs weren't great, overall not too much that I wanted.

Rimma13

Live with no regrets
O.G.
Jun 27, 2008
New York
Not worth going. Some of the items were still expensive and the shoe collection wasn't that great, IMO. I thought RTW was still too much. I found some stuff that was cheaper during the Bloomingdales and Saks sale.

Aug 27, 2007
New York City
Lots of selection of shoes from Louboutins,YSL,Lanvin,Miu Miu,Prada & more at 40-60% off retail.
No great handbags,saw some in a big bin like area but it was junk design and fabric.
Lots of dresses and tops,designer wear but the prices were not great at all.
I got one top by Marc by Marc jacobs originally $158 for $39

I did better at Filenes basement were i bought a beautiful Magaschoni 3/4 length cardigan with a deatchable thick & lush fur collar,originally $695 for $79!:yahoo:

lolaluvsu

But it's so pretty
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
Los Angeles
not worth it. i has always wanted to go to the one in la but since it was in santa monica i never went. this year, they moved the locale to downtown la and i went during lunch. i am happy i finally went and "scratched the itch" but nothing worth while.

color_wind

Nov 20, 2007
Agree. The shoe selection was ok, but the prices are still high. Also, I found out that this year they had much more high-end designer items than contemporary collection, which probably explains a little bit why everybody thinks things are expensive. My guess is that lots of ppl went with contemporary designers in lower price range in recession this year, which leads to a larger amount of high-end designer merchandise residues.

Twilight78

O.G.
Feb 3, 2008
New York
I was there today and was extremely disappointed. The prices were ok, but the selection was horrible. I ended up buying a Balenciaga dress because, after spending nearly 3 hours there, I didn't want to leave empty handed, but I could have lived without it. A lot of high-end merchandise was damaged. Not worth it.

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
NYC
i thought this one was pretty good. i haven't been to the warehouse sales for a few years. it was pretty bad..a lot of items you didn't even see it during the regular barney's store. this time, i recoginzed some where from the store. the only thing is the price is not that marked down.
i saw this nina richie dress marked as 695 from 2200. but still too expensive for a warehouse sale. i got 2 tops and a dress. i am quite happy about my purchase.