Barneys for Ben & Jen

Dazzle

shopaholic(bags&shoes)
Jul 12, 2006
Jennifer Garner was spotted doing a bit of Christmas shopping yesterday afternoon at Barneys in Beverly Hills with hubby Ben Affleck and 1-year-old daughter Violet.
Ben recently spoke to USA Today about parenting: “I’ve never been very judicious about my own behavior or choices until they had an impact on people other than me. Obviously, my wife. And my daughter, who’s going to have my last name – I don’t want her to mutter it over a drink. I want her to be proud of her old man.”
He also spoke out about not selling baby Violet’s pictures to magazines: “”We just didn’t sell them – that was the thing. I’m extraordinarily lucky and privileged and I’ve tried not to be bitter, but I have developed a reactionary defensiveness. But for my child, she didn’t make the bargain I did. She didn’t make that choice. And I don’t want her to have to pay for the parents’ sins. I try to protect her privacy. I’ll end up in the magazines, and that’s life, and I can live with it, but I try to shield my daughter

:love: :P :nuts:

I love the things he said, he seems very down to earth about his celebrity. It's kind of cool that they didn't sell Violet's pictures to the media, even if she is the cutest baby ever!

I have seen Ben on the Sundance TV Show "Dinner for Five" with Jennifer G. and they were both down to earth. The only time he ever seemed like another Hollywood freak is when he was with J.Lo. I predicted from that interview that Ben and Jen G would get together. Jen G. was in total awwwe of him during the entire show and it was just after their movie came out (can't remember the name of the movie but, she was Electra.)

I have seen Ben on the Sundance TV Show "Dinner for Five" with Jennifer G. and they were both down to earth. The only time he ever seemed like another Hollywood freak is when he was with J.Lo. I predicted from that interview that Ben and Jen G would get together. Jen G. was in total awwwe of him during the entire show and it was just after their movie came out (can't remember the name of the movie but, she was Electra.)

I actually remember that episode. They were promoting "Daredevil". I think Kevin Smith was there too and I can't remember the other guys' name (the one who played Ben's best bud in the movie). Yup, they all seemed very down to earth. When I'd see pix of Ben and Jennifer Lopez, he never did look too happy. It just seemed like she was thrusting him into this spotlight that he didn't want to be in. He seems much happier now. I'm happy for them.

Jennifer Garner was spotted doing a bit of Christmas shopping yesterday afternoon at Barneys in Beverly Hills with hubby Ben Affleck and 1-year-old daughter Violet.
Ben recently spoke to USA Today about parenting: “I’ve never been very judicious about my own behavior or choices until they had an impact on people other than me. Obviously, my wife. And my daughter, who’s going to have my last name – I don’t want her to mutter it over a drink. I want her to be proud of her old man.”
He also spoke out about not selling baby Violet’s pictures to magazines: “”We just didn’t sell them – that was the thing. I’m extraordinarily lucky and privileged and I’ve tried not to be bitter, but I have developed a reactionary defensiveness. But for my child, she didn’t make the bargain I did. She didn’t make that choice. And I don’t want her to have to pay for the parents’ sins. I try to protect her privacy. I’ll end up in the magazines, and that’s life, and I can live with it, but I try to shield my daughter

kudos! i have wondered why there were so little pictures of violet when flipping through magazines! she's such a cutie pie.

is it just me or does ben look a little bit like adam sandler in that first pic?

:P