Barney's Boston Goyard CLOSED?

love2sh0p

Apr 3, 2011
Hi all. I have terrible news!! Every year I visit Boston from Canada for business and treat myself to a Goyard item. I was shocked when I arrived to Barney's and they told me they closed down their boutique earlier this week! I was disappointed, they offered to send me photos from their NY store but I was only in Boston for two days. I am wondering if they are maybe opening their own stand alone boutique in Boston?:confused1:

I just came here to ask the same question! I couldn't believe it when I walked in to find it gone. None of the SAs there seemed to have any idea if Goyard would be opening in a new location.

This may correlate with the rumor mentioned in another thread that Barney's will be losing their Goyard distribution in NYC as well. Bergdorf Goodman seems to be ok for now but who knows how long that will last. I do know that the Goyard boutique at Neiman Marcus in Chicago is owned by Goyard, and they only rent the space from NM.

Reactions: c18027
Well the Barney's in Bevrely Hills lost Goyard but then they went to Neiman Marcus which I am sure is the same arrangement they have in Chicago. I wonder if Goyard plans to leave all Barneys and only lease out of Neiman Marcus? Is there a Neiman Marcus in Chicago? Neiman Marcus owns Bergdorf so I bet that will be still secured.

Well the Barney's in Bevrely Hills lost Goyard but then they went to Neiman Marcus which I am sure is the same arrangement they have in Chicago. I wonder if Goyard plans to leave all Barneys and only lease out of Neiman Marcus? Is there a Neiman Marcus in Chicago? Neiman Marcus owns Bergdorf so I bet that will be still secured.

Yes — there is a Goyard boutique inside of NM on Michigan Avenue. All of my experiences with them have been impeccable.

I am not surprised to hear about Barney's Boston. I was the one who had posted in another thread that Goyard is taking back all of the distribution and operations, and that Barneys won't be stocking them any longer. It was indeed a SA at the Boston Barney's store that told me this, and it was in December 2016 right after Christmas. She did not say anything about Neiman Marcus though, she specifically said only Barneys.