Tech Barnes and Noble

natcolb65

O.G.
Mar 31, 2009
I got the Nook for my Bday two weeks ago. The first day the screen kept freezing. i took it to the store twice and they took it in the back and took the battery out and said it should be fine, it wasn't. It froze the other day for and hour and when I finally was able to turn it off and back on my battery was drained.

I took it back to the store and insisted they give me a new one. I have had the new one for two days and so far I haven't had any issues. Has anyone else had problems like this?

^^My dad's did something similar...my husband goggled it and found a forum that said to take the battery out wait a few minutes plug the Nook in and then place the battery back in it. It's said not to unplug it until it was completely charged and once that was done it worked perfectly fine. The only time mine froze I was able to power it off wait a few minutes, turn it back on and it was good.

When I took it last time the Nook guy said that the first ones that came out weren't having the problem it was the new ones. So far I haven't had any problems with this one. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I really wanna love it but the last one I had frustrated me.

Mine froze up too. I returned it and haven't replaced it. I was SO disappointed when it froze up. I was sitting on an airplane so I had no way to "fix" it. When I returned it, it was still frozen on the same screen it had been on for 6 days. :wacko:

I wasn't very happy.

it's so annoying that the ebook-business seems to be so popular there by you in the US (may I ask by the way how popular it really is,are there a lot of people to be seen in public environments who are carrying a reader or do most of them keep them at home?) in europe this topic is so unknown by the majority

i really like the nook very much,but I red that european customers are not able to buy books at barnes&noble and the nook cant get registered there, i really hope that european book enterprises will also start soon with their own readers

^ did you know that Amazon is able to ship their Kindle internationally? Go to the Amazon US site, their Kindle product is on the main page. Search on your territory and they will provide all the information for you to acquire this product. I don't know how Amazon UK is set up for Kindle downloads tho...you may need to go through the US site.

I am currently researching e-book readers myself and I'm looking at the Sony Pocket Reader but want to research the pros and cons of all the e-book readers thoroughly before I purchase