Bargain on-line travel sites

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello -

Which travel sites offers the best bang for your dollar? Does anyone have any codes for Apple vacations or Expedia?

I'm planning to travel to the Dominican Republic soon. My friends have already booked their reservations so I'm attempting to stay at the same all-inclusive hotel but the rate is much higher since I will be staying in a single room.

Thanks in advance!

2. For flights, I actually use Kayak.com a good bit - I like the options for adjusting the departure/arrival time and other search fuctions better than Expedia/Orbitz/Travelocity, although I check those as well.

For hotels, I usually start at tripadvisor.com and work out from there - their reviews are fantastic and then they can search the major engines for you. I also check the hotel's website directly - they are often more than consolidators, but will occasionally have a lower price +/or specials.

If we're staying longer, we often rent a condo/home so we can cook/do laundry/etc. in which case vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner), a local real estate company or homeaway.com often have great options.

Have a fantastic trip! I'm looking forward to seeing other suggestions offered up here by other tPF'ers!