Barenia is back .. ??!

is it as heavy as the togo and clemence leather, jw?
Congrats, now won't have to worry about the scratching, it's like caviar barenia.
would appreciate a comparison picture with clemence and togo on such gem and rare item! TIA!

Ok, I weighed by Togo 35 and the new Barenia Faubourg 35 and they're very similar in weight (so yes, just as heavy). Togo came in at 2 lb 10 oz, and BF came in at 2 lb 11.3 oz.

Here's a quick side by side I did with the BF and a Togo B in gold. Not a professional photographer and the fluorescent lighting is horrendous, but here it goes.

Up close, the colour and the grain is similar (a bit more faint on the BF):
sidebyside2.jpg

But when you "zoom out" - you see how the light reflects differently off the BF -- looking more consistent to how the classic Barenia reflects light. The grain is also less pronounced than on the Togo:

sidebyside1.jpg

Of course, this is literally week 1.5 on the BF, so I'm expecting the colour will really differ from the gold after a few years of use and patina.

Last edited:
Ok, I weighed by Togo 35 and the new Barenia Faubourg 35 and they're very similar in weight (so yes, just as heavy). Togo came in at 2 lb 10 oz, and BF came in at 2 lb 11.3 oz.

Here's a quick side by side I did with the BF and a Togo B in gold. Not a professional photographer and the fluorescent lighting is horrendous, but here it goes.

Up close, the colour and the grain is similar (a bit more faint on the FB):
View attachment 3593473

But when you "zoom out" - you see how the light reflects differently off the FB -- looking more consistent to how the classic Barenia reflects light. The grain is also less pronounced than on the Togo:

View attachment 3593475

Of course, this is literally week 1.5 on the FB, so I'm expecting the color will really differ from the gold after a few years of use and patina.

thanks you so much for posting this!!!

View attachment 3593473

But when you "zoom out" - you see how the light reflects differently off the BF -- looking more consistent to how the classic Barenia reflects light. The grain is also less pronounced than on the Togo:

View attachment 3593475

Of course, this is literally week 1.5 on the BF, so I'm expecting the colour will really differ from the gold after a few years of use and patina.
What fabulous comparison shots :flowers: thank you for sharing oohshinythings. In your zoom out picture you can really see the difference- there appear to be markings or light scratches that give it character. Does the new BF scratch as easily? Would you say it is more structured than togo when new?
You must really love this natural golden color as you now have two beauties.

What fabulous comparison shots :flowers: thank you for sharing oohshinythings. In your zoom out picture you can really see the difference- there appear to be markings or light scratches that give it character. Does the new BF scratch as easily? Would you say it is more structured than togo when new?
You must really love this natural golden color as you now have two beauties.

Glad to be of help! New BF still does scratch, but I've found that the light ones can be rubbed out pretty easily -- a bit like Evercolour. (I worked on the light markings after I took these photos -- didn't even realize they were there until caught on camera!)

Structure-wise, I would say it's similar to Togo when new; most noticeably the sangles already flop gently when undone.

I wear a lot of denim and am a fan of the sun, so the golden colour works well for my lifestyle! That said, this was totally an unplanned purchase, but I couldn't possibly pass up a barenia, right??

View attachment 3593473

View attachment 3593475

Love the sheen the BF has. It is a lovely bag and thanks for the lovely comparison photos.

You weighted them? How awesome is that!!

Again congratulations!!

Reactions: oohshinythings

View attachment 3593473

View attachment 3593475

thanks for the comparison, it helps to see how it looks like.
congrats it's such a unique beauty

Glad to be of help! New BF still does scratch, but I've found that the light ones can be rubbed out pretty easily -- a bit like Evercolour. (I worked on the light markings after I took these photos -- didn't even realize they were there until caught on camera!)

Structure-wise, I would say it's similar to Togo when new; most noticeably the sangles already flop gently when undone.

I wear a lot of denim and am a fan of the sun, so the golden colour works well for my lifestyle! That said, this was totally an unplanned purchase, but I couldn't possibly pass up a barenia, right??
You absolutely couldn't pass her up - she's a keeper. I do hope that someday I may find myself with one of these beauties in my collection. I want a special natural leather colored Birkin - which is what I am stalking the Barenia thread. Again thanks for the pictures and info. I like that it can scratch, makes it further different from the Gold togo that is pretty uniform in appearance and will stay that way. I am pinching myself as I type this because I am usually the picky neat freak (although I use all my bags).... but I would love a natural gold colored neutral that would age and could be different from all the others in my collection.

View attachment 3593473

View attachment 3593475

Thanks for this! My Barenia B35 weighs 2 lbs 11 oz so pretty much the same.

Thank you so much for the comparison pics, the Barenia mystery leather is thrilling and so different from togo. The feel of the leather must be exquisite. Exciting to find out more about this leather.

View attachment 3593473

View attachment 3593475

Thank you so so much for your contribution!!! Please take pix as the BB patinas. I am beyond curious how it will turn out. Will keep checking back for your updates and in the meantime, wear her in great health!

View attachment 3593473

View attachment 3593475

Hi there! I just picked up the exact same bag from my boutique today. Please can you let me know how she's aged so far, I know it's only been 5 months. I would really appreciate any insight, has the colour darken at all and anything I should be aware of? my SA said she's as scratch resistant as Togo but water is really bad for the bag and could ruin in it which is the opposite to the natural Barenia.

Reactions: joanneminnie