barenia and fauve...not the same colour!!!!

angel...could you just confirm which color goes with what? :heart::love:
Thank you so much for sharing this pic with us!!!

YES ...THE BONE ON THE LEFT THE 30CM SLIGHTY DARKER ..IS THE ONE THEY CALLED MATTE BARENIA
THE 35CM ,LIGHTER COLOUR, IS WHAT HERMES CALL MATTE FAUVE....
VERY CONFUSING.....
I THINK THEY JUST REPLACE THE COLOUR , THEY CAN TELL IT'S THE SAME COLOUR BUT IS NOT...:nogood:
I PERSONALY THINK THAT A LOT AF THE HERMES PEOPLE DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT THEY SELL....THEY SHOULD ASK TO YOU GIRLS YOU REALLY ARE THE REAL HERMES :dothewave:THINGXXXX:heart:ANGEL

angel...could you just confirm which color goes with what? :heart::love:
Thank you so much for sharing this pic with us!!!

YES ...THE ONE ON THE LEFT, THE 30CM, SLIGHTY DARKER ..IS THE ONE THEY CALLED MATTE BARENIA
THE 35CM ,LIGHTER COLOUR, IS WHAT HERMES CALL MATTE FAUVE....
VERY CONFUSING.....
I THINK THEY JUST REPLACE THE COLOUR , THEY CAN TELL IT'S THE SAME COLOUR BUT IS NOT...:nogood:
I PERSONALY THINK THAT A LOT AF THE HERMES PEOPLE DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT THEY SELL....THEY SHOULD ASK TO YOU GIRLS ....YOU REALLY ARE THE REAL HERMES :dothewave:THINGXXXX:heart:ANGEL

*sigh* It's a real shame if they decided to discontinue natural barenia croc. I was once fortunate enough to hold, caress & basically drool over a glazed porosus kelly version (GH). This was years ago and the memory alone has been haunting me ever since.

i better just take both, please!!!!!! lol
attachment.php

LOL - we had this discussion a few months back, and I was told I was incorrect (by a lot of people) when I said they were different colours, even though I had done the comparison at my store, myself.

The color formerly referred to as 'barenia' in crocodile IS THE SAME COLOR AS 'FAUVE'. The only thing that has changed is the name; the reference number for the color remains the same.

The color formerly referred to as 'barenia' in crocodile IS THE SAME COLOR AS 'FAUVE'. The only thing that has changed is the name; the reference number for the color remains the same.

This is disconcerting since the colors shown in Angel's comparison photo are very different; if these two are indeed the same color, then the discrepancy in dye lots is pretty significant. Not sure if I'd gamble on an order and not know what color it would turn out. :sad:

Second Gina: Miel would be considered the equivalent color in shiny Croc, which is more or less the same color as the Barenia/Fauve in matte Croc.

And I was still told the same thing as well by more than one boutique: the reference number for both Barenia and Fauve remains the same - they are sticking by the story that the only thing that's changed is the name.

However I totally agree with Orchids that it is quite disconcerting to see how different these pics are - I still feel that it's more a case of different dye lots than a different color to Hermes though. I've seen exactly the same thing with 2 different Rouge H Crocs and 2 Cocoan Crocs - the answer is always that Croc skin is variable and differences are inevitable.