Bare Minerals VS Sheer Cover VS Everyday Minerals

Wow, this is the first time I've heard of EM. I have been using BM for more than 6 years and am more than satisfied. I like coverage, I even got one of co-workers hooked on it.

But I might just give EM a try.

i used BM yesterday, wore it for about 5-6 hours, and it looked good! it looked powdery though.. I was getting a little itchy..but my face was already kinda acting up.

I read more about the bismuth compound in the product and how it causes cystic acne for some... the scary thing is that it seems like people develop a sensitivity to the product after a while... so i'm gonna continue to test it out and see

i ordered EM starter kit.. i wasn't really sure what the different levels of foundation coverage meant but i think i got the most coverage, and i ordered "back to school" blush..

so once recieve those i'll be able to judge better...

My question tho- is since BM has been around for so long, why don't they produce a bismuth free line if so many people are affected by the ingrediant?

After reading another thread on this board, I've realized that BM could be the reason why my face and neck have been itching like crazy lately. I've also had several 'underground' zits (you know, the kind that hurts and can't be popped because) which is not common for me at all. So I just ordered EM and have decided to stay away from BM for a while to see if it helps. I ordered 6 different shades of EM foundation, as I wasn't sure which one is right for me, plus I like mixing shades to match my skin perfectly depending on the season :flowers:

I have been experimenting with MM. Bare Minerals looks awful on me (makes my pores huge). I ordered the starter kit in fair, and both shades are too yellow. I ordered to Everyday Minerals starter kits, plus a bunch of eyeshadow samples. Nice. Alima -- wow, I ordered oodles of eyeshadow samples and love them. So far, the foundation that suits me best is Luminaire, with Alima blush.

Yike, I said "Luminaire" and I meant "Lumiere." If Bare Escentuals isn't working for you, definitely try Everyday Minerals, Lumiere and Aromaleigh. You can get samples at their Web sites (I went crazy with the sample ordering). Anyway, they have different formulations for different skin types (unlike BE which has only one formulation).

So far, I am liking Lumiere's Flawless Finish, which is for normal to dry skin. BE made me look dry and settled into fine lines, accentuating them. Lumiere is better for my (sob) aging skin.

I use Serious Skin Care Bella Rose ProMineral foundation. I've tried Bare Minerals, Sheer Cover, and Everyday Minerals and loved the creamy powder like consistency of Bella Rose the best of all four brands. :yes:

My mom orders it for me from HSN on Autoship.

just a heads up about sheer cover makeup. i saw the infomercial today and went on the website to check it out since the $9.95 trial kit sounded too good to be true. as it turns out, if you keep the kit, they charge you $29.95 three times and then after that, they automaticaly charge you $29.95 a month for shipments every 3 months.

i don't know but that's an awful lot if you ask me. i got the starter kit for bare minerals at sephora for $60 and it's lasted me 2 months so far with lots to go.

the trial kit is for a month supply.

When you order today, you’ll receive a 25% discount along with your free bonus gifts and pay just $29.95 for a full month’s supply of Sheer Cover. Every 3-months you’ll receive a 90-day supply of Sheer Cover at the low price of just $29.95 a month plus $7.95 s/h.

I think i'll get it and cancel once it arrives. and when I need more i'll order it as I wont go thought a trial kit in a month and dont need more makeup every 3 months., but thank you for pointing out the /month price I hadnt notice it.

I've not used Sheer Cover but have used EM and BM. I like EM overall because of their Original Glo formula which I don't see in other MMU brands, that cover fine lines and give a youthful look. I like BM for the texture - powder is very soft, softer than EM, but extremely dry on my dry skin if I don't use their primers. With EM I don't have to use primers at all. Just apply directly to clean skin.

I haven't used Sheer Cover or Everyday Minerals. I have however used Bare Minerals which I would rank like 6 on a mineral make up scale. Bare Minerals by the way has had some recalls because of certain ingredients.

I use La Bella Donna, doesn't dry my skin out and I don't need all the stuff BM recommends in their kits. I just apply moisturizer with my compressed powder and I'm out the door and it lasts all day.

I've also used Jane Iredale and it's great too, but La Bella Donna is my number one choice for mineral make up.

www.labelladonna.com

I tried Bare Minerals first and it doesn't have good coverage and makes my face shiny. Next one I tried is Sheer Cover, good coverage but after a few hours made my face really oily. Lastly, Everyday Minerals, love it to death! Great coverage and stayed on all day without looking shiny.