Bare Minerals Problem

PrincessMe

Thank You God <3
O.G.
Aug 27, 2006
I cannot get my Bare Minerals out of the container...I shake it, hit it, throw it...it will not come out!! I'm so fustrated.. I paid good money for it and want to use it!
has this happened to any of you? how do you get it to come thru those dang little holes? TIA

hmm thats odd, usually its the other way around for me.. leave it turned upside down for just a couple hours and the whole thing pours out..

where did you purchase yours? could it be you received an old one?

That's really weird! Is it the foundation? Did you get the whole sticker off? If you need to, you can get that sifter insert out to get to the product, but it's a very messy job!

hmm thats odd, usually its the other way around for me.. leave it turned upside down for just a couple hours and the whole thing pours out..

Im going to try this :yes: at first it poured out but now it doesnt come out at all..ive only used it about 3x's though..i bought the kit at sephora..ive never even got to use the mineral viel..thats never come out!! only a drop

That's really weird! Is it the foundation? Did you get the whole sticker off? If you need to, you can get that sifter insert out to get to the product, but it's a very messy job!
I took the sticker off..idk i'll try and get the sifter off too..Thanks for the tip :heart: ..how do you get it off? just jam something in there?

is there a clear plastic cover over the holes? I don't buy bare minerals but I know some brands put a thin plastic sheet over the holes when its new.
It did at first but i took it off..i really thought everyone experienced this:nogood:
its weird too bc i bought the kit with three jars inside and all of them are like this..maybe, like you said monkee, i got an old one??

Thanks for your help guys Im going to try your tips :ty:

I took the sticker off..idk i'll try and get the sifter off too..Thanks for the tip ..how do you get it off? just jam something in there?
Yep, I can't remember exactly what I used, I think it was a little pair of scissors or something (smart, I know lol), but I jammed the point in one of the holes and pried it out. I did it because there was enough foundation in there for a couple applications and I couldn't get it out for the life of me! Even with most of the product being gone, it still kind of made a mess, so be careful! Good luck! :flowers:

Thanks Claire :heart: I'm glad you said you put it thru the holes bc I was going to try and pry the sides off..ur way sounds better! much less messier than what i was going to try lol :ty:

This same thing is happening with me with the face compact case...can't remember it's real name. I was practically throwing it around my office. Then it looked like one plastic thing was in another (not a cover)....... broke a fingernail trying to pry it out and decided to worry about it later. Tweezers or little scissors will hopefully do the trick.:s

. Tweezers or little scissors will hopefully do the trick.:s
I just did it with the tweezers:tup:THanks!! WHEN I GOT IT OPEN, IT LOOKED LIKE THERE WAS HARDLY ANY INSIDE!! i cant believe it bc i hardly ever used them. the only thing can imagine is that at first alot would spill out but gosh i didnt think That much spilled that it'd be all gone now!!
that was annoying too at the time bc too much would come out and get on my outfit@:cursing:@

im kinda of annoyed now too bc how i am supposed to use this stuff..im supposed to keep running back to the mall for more every couple of applications?
i do love the glow it gives but what am i supposed to do? does this happen to you guys too?? what do you do?

btw, do any of you actually wear this stuff to bed?? im too scared to try but love the idea of waking up already made up f:hrmm:

^ Yeah, I noticed BE doesn't seem to last as long as other mineral foundations for some reason :shrugs:

I had one of those tiny samples of EM and it literally lasted me almost 2 weeks (it's supposed to be 3-4 apps I think)! :wtf:

I've been using EM Original Glo, and now that I have the right color and have figured out how to apply it, I love it. I have to wear tinted moisturizer or primer underneath to get it to "stick," whereas I could apply BE directly to my skin. Also, I could wear BE to bed and it didn't make me break out, but it did make my face super itchy when I got hot. Also EM is about 1/2 the price of BE for a bigger container. I'm happy with EM. It's maybe not quite as creamy and glowy looking as BE was, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

I use Bare Minerals and the large foundation lasts me at least 3 months, longer in the summer because I wear less make-up. Are you sure you're applying it correctly? Even the smaller size that comes with the starter kits should last close to a couple of months. You said the mineral veil didn't come out at all? Sounds like maybe it all got damp somehow, I'm not sure, but I have never had any problems like what you're describing, and I've been using Bare Minerals for years. And yes, I wear it to bed all the time, I don't ever wash it off at night (but I don't have white pilowcases either!). Do you have a store near you that sells Bare Minerals? Target is selling it now. I would try buying it that way, and if there is a problem it could be easily returned.

Thats good to know Husky that when i buy one w/out the kit i can buy a large size...and i think it'll help if i learn to apply it better, like you said too Claire..Thanks for all your help..i cant give up bc i love this glow its giving me!! lol :love:

Wow, you can wear it to bed??? I used Youngblood mineral foundation but I'm so paranoid and addicted to washing my face before bed (I've never missed a night in my life) that I couldn't do this. It would probably be ok, but as I wear bronzer and sometimes blush, I couldn't leave them on.