Bare Escentuals kabuki brush - ouch!

Actually, I've heard a lot of people complain about the BE kabuki brush. I think it's very itchy too. It makes me face feel like it's been scratched. I ordered a new kabuki brush from Tarte though. I've heard it's good so hopefully it'll be an improvement. It also comes in a cute little purple case.

P99808_hero.jpg

Does anyone else have this problem? My BE kabuki brush makes my face tingle in a bad way. It never was what I would call soft, but it seems to be worse. :weird:

It might be the mica in the powder that is bothering you.

I'm allergic to mica. You might be also.

Try using your finger to put some powder on the inside of your elbow for a few days and see if you get a reaction.

Any time ANY brush makes your face "tingle in a bad way," that is a sign that you are probably having an allergic reaction to whatever the brush is made out of, and you should put that brush down and do not touch it to your face again.

It might be the finest brush in the world, but if you are allergic to it, get something different!

And just to be on the safe side, check with your dermatologist for suggestions regarding damage control - and some sensitive-skin-friendly brushes!

I've heard many things about BE, from the brushes to the actual makeup. I guess some people are allergic to the makeup, and so their skin becomes itchy and turns red after applying the makeup.
I used to use BE, but then I got tired of seeing that my bathroom counter had more makeup on than what was on my face :Push:
I switched to another type of mineral makeup, and I've been using that since then.
I think I stick with mineral makeup because it's supposedly better for the skin, so I feel better about using it. Hehe.

The person that sold me the BE starter kit at Sephora told me you have to use the BE brushes or it gives off a different effect. I'm not sure though...:shame: Does anyone notice a difference?

I got my Tarte brush a few days ago and I love it. It's a lot softer than the BE brush and it doesn't shed. The coverage doesn't seem to be as intense though. I guess the BE brushes really are designed to work with the makeup.

I bought a lot of the BE items from QVC 2 years ago. The eye shadow caused such BAD and horrible eye allergies that my eyes were literally glued shut almost from the infection. My eye doctor said he knew it was BE eye shadows because he see many patients with the same problem. I sent it all back. I can however use the mineral veil and face stuff, and I have never had any problems with the brushes. I just ordered the QVC TSV yesterday, but my daughter will get the eyeshadows....I LOVE smashbox and Laura Gellar cosmetics. But my absolute fave is anything by Prescriptives.

there are alot of mineral companys out there. Everyday Minerals is one of them. they will send you generous free samples all you pay for is shipping which i think is under 5 dollars. You can google them. Its a small company. I like the Bare Minerals, but alot of people can't tolerate the bismuth in it, makes their skin itch.

I thought I was the only one having a problem with my brush. Im glad to know im not alone. My brush sheds like a dog it's awful. I end up with little hairs covering my face after I use the brush! I will deff be looking into some of the brushes mentioned above!