Travel Barcelona

I was planning on bringing an old iPhone 3GS and purchasing a prepaid SIM card to make some local calls and browse (for maps, quick checking of email, etc). Is this possible? What carrier would you recommend and how much would it cost? I need it for around a week. Thanks so much! :smile:

Hello ladies, there was an old thread here that I tried posting in, but apparently it's too old and it won't let me, so I have started a new one!

The husband and I are visiting Barcelona in July and I heard it's sale season that time of year. I was hoping to hit some high-end designer brands (Gucci, Prada etc.) outlet shops, where do they have them? Or do they even have them at all? Any input would be appreciated! :flowers:

I didn't see any outlet shopping... and there are a lot of chain stores which I tend to avoid becuase I feel I get that stuff anywhere and on online.. I prefer seeking out the independent designers.. smaller boutiques.. something off the beaten path when I travel.

try http://www.shopikon.com/barcelona/shopping-guide

the ElBorn and Gracia areas are definitely worth a visit... Carrer d'Avinyó in the Gothic quarter

^ these recs are good. You don't really go to Barcelona for the High-end shopping. There are some store on Passeig the Gracia but I've never heard of high-end outlets.

Chinkee21, La Roca Village premium outlet is pretty close to Barcelona (less than an hour's drive?). I don't recall seeing Prada or Gucci outlet stores, but they did have a Loewe store when I visited a couple of years ago. Do check out their website for a complete listing.

I do agree with a previous poster who said that you do not have to visit the outlets to get good deals during sale time. You will be able to find Gucci and Prada on Passeig de Gracia (in fact I believe both stores are located on the same block or adjacent blocks), and during sale time should have really good deals. All the best!

Also, I completely agree with OlgaMUA about visiting other neighborhoods (esp. El Born) for the independent boutiques. Just got back from a trip to Barcelona and thought that the shopping was most interesting in El Born! :smile:

I didn't see any outlet shopping... and there are a lot of chain stores which I tend to avoid becuase I feel I get that stuff anywhere and on online.. I prefer seeking out the independent designers.. smaller boutiques.. something off the beaten path when I travel.

try http://www.shopikon.com/barcelona/shopping-guide

the ElBorn and Gracia areas are definitely worth a visit... Carrer d'Avinyó in the Gothic quarter

^ these recs are good. You don't really go to Barcelona for the High-end shopping. There are some store on Passeig the Gracia but I've never heard of high-end outlets.

Chinkee21, La Roca Village premium outlet is pretty close to Barcelona (less than an hour's drive?). I don't recall seeing Prada or Gucci outlet stores, but they did have a Loewe store when I visited a couple of years ago. Do check out their website for a complete listing.

I do agree with a previous poster who said that you do not have to visit the outlets to get good deals during sale time. You will be able to find Gucci and Prada on Passeig de Gracia (in fact I believe both stores are located on the same block or adjacent blocks), and during sale time should have really good deals. All the best!

Also, I completely agree with OlgaMUA about visiting other neighborhoods (esp. El Born) for the independent boutiques. Just got back from a trip to Barcelona and thought that the shopping was most interesting in El Born! :smile:

Thank you, ladies! I will surely add these tips to my itinerary, cannot wait!

Hello dears,

I would like some advice on my coming Barcelona trip. We (me, hubby, and a tod) have 6 days to spend in Barcelona. I know it will be too much time to spend in Barcelona alone, but because we are bringing a toddler along, we don't want to get too tired.

We would like to do some day trips from Barcelona. Any advice please?

Hello dears,

I would like some advice on my coming Barcelona trip. We (me, hubby, and a tod) have 6 days to spend in Barcelona. I know it will be too much time to spend in Barcelona alone, but because we are bringing a toddler along, we don't want to get too tired.

We would like to do some day trips from Barcelona. Any advice please?

Will you be renting a car?

Dear sweethearts,

Can anyone please recommend me places to go in Barcelona? I was googling and it seems like two days is enough in Barcelona. However, we have 5 free days to spend in Barcelona. So we decided to do some Day Trip from there. Any advice please?

FYI, I am travelling with a 2yo toddler. So it is going to be a slow and relaxing journey.

Thanks in advance!