Travel Barcelona

I cannot recommend the Hotel Jazz highly enough. Amazing location, rooftop bar, rooftop pool (tiny but still), super modern and very chic. It is technically only a three star hotel I think, which keeps the costs right down, but it's clamouring for boutique status. I don't stay anywhere else!

Thank you!!! :biggrin:

Just booked the Europark for next year as gets a good review on Tripadviser. Asked about quiet room and cot for under 2 yr old and hotel responded to email within an hour of sending. Has a small outdoor pool and breakfast included.

So I'm going to Barcelona in a coupel of days, and have no idea of what to bring. After a long and cold winter in norway, I don't know what summer feels like... The weather forcast says 16-22C, sun and some rain. Bringing jeans or shorts?? Do I need stokings under the dresses in the evening?? Is it summer there?? Sorry for dumb questions, but I always struggel whit pakking. I'm going to spend 3 days at a tourist in the city and 2 days watching moto GP..

The weather will probably be warm and pleasant. I don't think you'll be need any stockings but bring a pair of panty hose if you freeze easily. Also, bring a cardigan you can use at night.

Have fun

A cardi or light linen jacket for the evenings will be plenty to cover up. I wouldn't wear stockings/pantyhose, but bring a pair in the extreme case of a very chilly evening. Bring jeans instead of shorts, shorts are too touristy.

You live in Norway so that temperature will be HOT for you. Stockings are not necessary and perhaps shorts/bermudas/capris will be fine. Pants will be ok just make sure they are not too tight so your legs have room to breathe in case you get too hot from the walking as well.

It shouldn't be too warm yet and isn't there usually a breeze since they are right on the sea?

We were there in May a few years ago, and a light sweater or jacket in daytime just in case (or too much air conditioning in a museum or store) was fine and a jacket in evening should be plenty. Layers are always a good idea--you can add or subtract as you wish. Jeans go everywhere. You are European so you already know they don't dress extremely casual like Americans tend to (and we stick out everywhere we travel).

Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in the world. I'd go back in a second if I could.

Bring some comfortable sneakers and sandals. You'll be doing a lot of walking!

spo40.gif

^true; the one thing about the city I didn't like. You can get something to wear inside your pants or jeans to hold credit card and passport. Don't keep more than a little change in your pocket. If you need to wear a bag, wear a crossbody bag if possible with the bag in front of you, not on the back of your shoulder.

^true; the one thing about the city I didn't like. You can get something to wear inside your pants or jeans to hold credit card and passport. Don't keep more than a little change in your pocket. If you need to wear a bag, wear a crossbody bag if possible with the bag in front of you, not on the back of your shoulder.

Well, I feel naked whitout a purse, I dont go any were whitout... My plan is to bring the LV Antheia Ixia for dayli use (can be hendheld, on the scholder or crossbody...), a Alma in case if rain (only handheld..) a Kate and a Eva clutch for the nigths. And hopefuly I got a new too....

Have you tried searching for info that may already be here? It seems we have discussed Barcelona more than once.

I am not as much into the restaurant and club scene as I am the history and architecture of a city so I was fascinated with Antonin Gaudi's influence in the city. Definitely take time to see Sagrada Familia, Parc Gueill (sp?), and some of the other places he designed. They are fantastic. There is the Gothic Quarter, a Picasso Museum, and Las Ramblas (walking street with buskers, shops, etc. and pickpockets--be careful).
It's a cosmopolitan and fabulous city.

As mentioned, the Gaudi work is incredible. The Park is beautiful, as is the Casa Batilo.

Another amazing building, not Gaudi, but worth going on a tour of is the Music Hall - the Palau de la Música Catalana.

Cal Pep is great for Tapas. You'll have to wait on line. Wait for the counter, rather then taking a table at the back, and let them pick out your food. Really delicious and fun.