Travel Barcelona

This is a tough one. They have so many hotels, it's a jungle. Tell us a little bit more. What area do you prefer?, how much do you want to spend? What kind of design do you like? etc, etc.

I think the one we called was the Palace or Atrium Palace? It was in a good location, on a quiet street but just steps away from everywhere else. We walked nearly everywhere. We were pleased with the location and our rooms were fine. I believe the prices were near $200, however... the dollar was different then and I can't remember because we had to pay for suites since it was Formula One time and we could not find a regular room anywhere!

Have you looked on TripAdvisor? I find that site to be so helpful!

Have fun, we really enjoyed Barcelona!

We booked a hotel called Hotel Aranea in Barcelona.
Haven't gone yet but it looks good, and it is fairly inexpensive I think.
You might want to have a look, google it.
Have fun!

The best hotel in Barcelona, in my opinion, is the Hotel Arts. It is a Ritz Carlton hotel and is on the water...very very beautiful!! I am sure you will love it!!!

We stayed at the Bonic Guesthouse just off Las Ramblas (at the very bottom). Very quiet but you do have to share a bathroom...however, they were always spotlessly clean and Richard and Fernando who run the guesthouse are really lovely...Fernando even stayed up till 2am to greet us when our flight from Edinburgh at 9am was moved to 4.30pm then 9pm from Glasgow so we never arrived at the other end till 1.30am!

Barca is a great city and if you have time (and want a bit of retail therapy a la designer outlet then you can get the bus out to La Roca...they have a Loewe, Folli Follie, Kipling etc). It's a bit of a trek so I'd only go if you've been to Barca before (so done the main sites). There is some great shopping in Barca as well.

Girona and the Dali museum is a really lovely day trip. You get the bus from near El Corte Ingles at the top of Las Ramblas...just ask someone and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I'd also get a hop on / hop off ticket [Turistic bus] as there are 3 routes that take in most of the city including Camp Nou [do the tour as even if you dont like football it's worth a visit....and you can get off at a stop REALLY close to the Hermes store on one of the routes {red I think}.:graucho:

Have a lovely time!

My parents went to Barcelona in November on a cruise, they stayed at Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas for 2 nights post cruise. It's very centrally located, and you can ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the busy street below. They have a 24hr snack bar and free beverages, including beer. It's nothing fancy, but when my parents went last year it was under 200 euros.

Hope that helps! :smile:

We will be there for a few days prior to going on a Med. cruise. Not sure where we are staying yet (I am assuming somewhere nice and nearish to the port), but does anyone have recommendations for sightseeing, places to eat, places to shop, etc? Any must dos or must sees or must gets? Anything I can get that is cheaper there and is fabulous? Or any fun makeup/drugstore products to buy?
I will be with my parents and we will be with another family we are really close with. They have a daughter my age (25) and 2 sons in college.

I think we will only have a day or two to run around. My spanish is decent, not fluent anymore, but can understand easily what's going on. I will probably brush up before we go. Thanks!!