Barbra Streisand Curses Out A Heckler!

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Barbra Streisand concert in NYC marred by heckler and profane outburst

NEW YORK (AP) - The most riveting moment of Barbra Streisand's Madison Square Garden concert was one of the only unscripted ones.

Streisand endured jeers as she interjected a political skit into Monday night's show, exchanging zingers with a celebrity impersonator playing George Bush as a bumbling idiot.

Though most of the crowd offered polite applause during the slightly humorous routine, it went on a bit too long, especially for those who just wanted to hear Streisand sing.

"Come on, be polite!" the well-known liberal implored. But one heckler wouldn't let up. And finally, Streisand let him have it.

"Shut the (expletive) up!" Streisand bellowed, drawing wild applause. "Shut up if you can't take a joke!"

With that one F-word, the jeers ended. And the message was delivered - no one gets away with trying to upstage Barbra Streisand, especially not in her hometown.

Good one, Barbra! I didn't think she had it in her!

Babs has been and always will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too full of herself. She charges waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for tickets....always has. I guess I never was and never will be a fan of hers. She's one BIG yawn. She made such a big deal about going into retirement. What happened? I guess she wanted to make a few bucks :noworry: so she came out of retirement. She needs to "get it." People come (and pay good money) to hear her sing, not listen to her politics. Wrong forum for that. IMO she is an imbecile.

she didn't learn from Linda Ronstadt in Vegas did she?

Celebs just don't get that most of us aren't interested in knowing their political views.
That guy probably paid close to $1k for each ticket to hear her SING, not make a feeble attempt at humor that could offend half her audience.
I think she made a bad decision to use that skit personally.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I don't care for Streisand at all. I've always found her overbearing. I prefer celebs who do more than they talk ... like George Cloony - not because he is good looking at all, but I really think he genuinely cares about the situation in Darfur and he actually risked his life and visited that region with his father so he could come back and speak about the sufferings.

I don't care for Streisand at all. I've always found her overbearing. I prefer celebs who do more than they talk ... like George Cloony - not because he is good looking at all, but I really think he genuinely cares about the situation in Darfur and he actually risked his life and visited that region with his father so he could come back and speak about the sufferings.

I agree!

I also hate it when people talk about how they dislike a certian offical while they NEVER voted. I belive Paris Hilton was in "VOTE OR DIE" campaign while she never voted...

"I don't care for Streisand at all. I've always found her overbearing. I prefer celebs who do more than they talk ... "
Actually, Barbra has always put her money, time & effort into the things she believes in. She just keeps it quieter these days because she gets such a kneejerk backlash from the nuts. I think the ones who get the most upset are insecure (& not too bright) - why else would they care? Besides, anyone who paid $1k to see her is going to know what her politics are (she is very outspoken) & most likely, were only there looking for trouble. It smells like a set up to me!

^ I don't agree. I am a fan and I'm almost certain we don't share political views. I personally do not know what political views most of the celebs I'm a fan of are.
I don't think people are 'insecure and not too bright' for making a remark, just the opposite.
I had no idea which side of teh party she sat on until teh news the other night. . . I mean, who cares?
That was my point. Who cares, celebs should do what they do best.
If I paid to hear her debate or speak about politics, great! If I paid big money to hear her sing, I'd have been disappointed as well.

If I threw a "Christmas Party" and then used it as a platform to try and sway my friends to think like me, then shame on me. . . KWIM?

He didn't feel he was getting his money worth.
Most people don't have the balls to stand up and say something about it like that.
Good for him! LOL!

^ I don't agree. I am a fan and I'm almost certain we don't share political views. I personally do not know what political views most of the celebs I'm a fan of are.
I don't think people are 'insecure and not too bright' for making a remark, just the opposite.
I had no idea which side of teh party she sat on until teh news the other night. . . I mean, who cares?
That was my point. Who cares, celebs should do what they do best.
If I paid to hear her debate or speak about politics, great! If I paid big money to hear her sing, I'd have been disappointed as well.

If I threw a "Christmas Party" and then used it as a platform to try and sway my friends to think like me, then shame on me. . . KWIM?

He didn't feel he was getting his money worth.
Most people don't have the balls to stand up and say something about it like that.
Good for him! LOL!

I totally agree! And I think she was rude! :yucky:

yeah, if I were there or found out it offended people that paid to see them.

Don't try to slant it. . . . no matter what the subject, she shouldn't have ripped a fan a new one.

"Don't try to slant it" - Actually not trying to slant it - just wanting to know if you would have been as offended by someone you agreed with. Sorry, but I've heard the right wing crazies like rush & o'reilly say so many outrageous things about barbra that I'm always a bit suspicious of stuff like this.